Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ pillaging Shaktar

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tut tut former manager goes back to previous club to sign their best players. Shaktar might struggle to replace him at the moment as well….

A small number of players whom the 43-year-old covets have already been discussed internally and an option he is particularly keen to pursue is the Shakhtar Donetsk defender Mykola Matviyenko.

De Zerbi managed Matviyenko at Shakhtar and sources with knowledge of the situation say he is determined to recruit the left-sided centre-back, who could around €20million (£17.2m).

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Every player we are linked to/want now is 20m it seems. No less and no more

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Click Bait ..... thread closed.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If our interest is true then it likely means Colwill is headed back to Chelsea come January.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You really set the bar for sanctimony.
You really set the bar for sanctimony.

Pillaging? He's linked (allegedly) with one player.
Is anyone linked with showing interest in a Ukrainian player a pillager?

The title of your thread is sensationalist and unfair on RDZ.

Click Bait ..... thread closed.

If anyone is accused of pillaging in the Ukraine I don't think RDZ would be the first name to spring to mind...
Woooooosh

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Although to be fair if he can get Mudryk from Shaktar as well that’d be good

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really pleased with this rumour.

I’ve been banging on about Matviyenko since RDZ took over. The perfect replacement for Burn meaning we can send the ‘insurance policy’ back to Chelsea.

Cultured left foot. Great age and experience.

With regards to Mudryk, Shakhtar want €80m+. I suppose if we make £50m from Tross and spend it all on this guy, it’s possible but that’s not us. I’d write this winger off straight away.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Woooooosh
I do not accept the 'whoosh'. You were making a point that backs up all the points you have made about Chelsea raiding our club being okay and which supports your stance on not booing Potter which you thought was unhelpful and pointless and seemed to think we'd be beaten in part due to it. You tried to show that some on NSC have double standards but the two situations are hardly comparable both in terms of the war situation and also the number of players mentioned.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I do not accept the 'whoosh'. You were making a point that backs up all the points you have made about Chelsea raiding our club being okay and which supports your stance on not booing Potter which you thought was unhelpful and pointless and seemed to think we'd be beaten in part due to it. You tried to show that some on NSC have double standards but the two situations are hardly comparable both in terms of the war situation and also the number of players mentioned.
True that, Brighton could probably not afford him if it wasn't a war. Traditionally Shakhtar has put very high price tags on their players...
I'm sure the Shakhtar fans are delighted.

The reason this is different to Chelsea wanting eg Trossard is that Brighton gains something from it. It makes it a lot easier to accept.

Anyway, I fully expect Brighton to sign a left-footed central defender in January unless Colwill steps forward from the shadows. If you want to play out from the back as consistently as RDZ wants his boys to do, you're eventually going to need a left-footed CB to really make it work or too often there will be situations where players need to use their lesser foot to make a difficult pass... which can have some negative outcomes (despite Webster having a very good left foot).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not really. I wasn’t that bothered about any of the staff leaving and the club has a policy of letting people talk if they have a chance to progress their career for a better opportunity and I’d expect the club to go out there and provide that opportunity when bringing new players in

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The reason this is different to Chelsea wanting eg Trossard is that Brighton gains something from it. It makes it a lot easier to accept.
Nope, the reason it is different is that it doesn't involve raiding another club from the same league and doesn't involve up to several players and practically all our backroom staff. Why are you still here btw?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not really. I wasn’t that bothered about any of the staff leaving and the club has a policy of letting people talk if they have a chance to progress their career for a better opportunity and I’d expect the club to go out there and provide that opportunity when bringing new players in
Yes, exactly my point. You argued that to death and made your point clear. Now you made a click-baity thread of your own to back up that opinion.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes, exactly my point. You argued that to death and made your point clear. Now you made a click-baity thread of your own to back up that opinion.
So is it ok or not ? Or just in war torn countries ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here