Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ out

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You are saying a lot without really saying anything. We can’t get pissed off because a billionaire fan decided to buy the club he supports?

No one forced RDZ to put Steele in goal, or a CB in midfield today was a shit show end of and out there for discussion.

As for signings no other PL side sold its entire midfield and didn’t replace any of them. I don’t even think they expected that much for Caceido it was a ridiculous amount of money. For RDZ to ask for a couple of signings in Jan was a very reasonable request. Bloom quickly shut that down with players are coming back from injury, maybe he should have listened to his manager.
Actually I think I said a lot - 😉 it was an opinion you may disagree with but it wasn’t nothing. This thread is entitled ‘RDZ Out’ and yet there is only one sentence in your entire post relating to anything RDZ actually has control over and I do agree, that was a bizarre and ineffective set up today playing VH in a DM position - it may have more to do with needing to use Baleba because Gilmour was out and on his own is weak. Dunno.

- as for the rest, we have a business plan and the Club is in the hands of one of the most respected CEOs in the industry ( including in Europe) and largely financed by its number one fan. We have no idea what conversations took place between Bloom and RDZ in January- all RDZ said in January was that we were short of 2 or 3 players - many observers attributed his comments to the number of injuries we had at the time and interviewers asking directly how that was impacting the team rather than RDZ ‘saying TB needed to buy 2-3 players in January. He could even have been referring to how far the squad needs to develop in the longer term before it gets to where his project needs it to be.

Like with all these negative threads about RDZ, much of the narrative created about RDZ being pissed off with TB/PB is generated by fans reading things into press conferences that may simply not be there or sports media rags looking for click bait. I honestly don’t know but don’t have inside info on the inner workings of the management and executive control of the Club so will probably never will.

i certainly didn’t say we cant be pissed off with the way we are playing - I posted as much on the match thread and several others today saying exactly that ( I was absolutely pilloried for being pissed off last week because we only managed a draw against Everton).

I can only reasonably assume that any manager would be pissed off with our level of performance at the moment especially in the final third and very frustrated with the never ending injury problem -I can also only assume too that TB/PB at least have absolutely the Club’s longterm best interests at heart in every decision they make. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don’t want him out, though personally I would prefer Potter, but I do think he’s hugely over rated as a manager and not good enough for a Liverpool, Bayern or Barca yet.

He’s clearly a talented coach but he’s not elite yet and he needs to stay with us, turn around our form which has been generally poor for a long time now, and prove that he is good enough to manage at the top level.
Yes, he needs to prove himself before any chance with the big boys. We breed players, coaches and administrators at
Brighton.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
These threads are meaningless without a pole.

McGee IN

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Even f all that were true, which it undoubtedly isn't, which of our uninjured players that RDZ is protecting would you have fielded today?

(Obviously you would have started with the other keeper, the one who gifted a goal the other week by dicking around).
So what parts aren’t true?
The side was picked with Thursday in mind
The strongest available team wasn’t chosen, “protecting” those that weren’t picked weakened the side.
De Zerbi is probably our best manager ever , that doesn’t mean he’s incapable of making mistakes….. no matter how much he tries to shift the blame to the board.
Realistically our best chance of getting another season in Europe is through our league position, today we had an opportunity to pick up a point or three which was wasted by the manager.
As much as we’d all love it we’re highly unlikely to win the Europa League with Liverpool and Dortmund involved.

I don’t think I mentioned which keeper I’d prefer and though I do rate Verbruggen slightly better than Steele I’d actually prefer either to be given an extended run in the team.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Wouldn’t it be nice to not be playing European football, and on about 28 points this time of the season. Oh how I long for those days. 🙄
Well, you sort of have it. 24 points from last 22 PL games and KO’d from both domestic cups has Hughton/Potter pre Caicedo all over it. Four good results in EL are papering over the cracks of a season that otherwise has regressed.
Injuries are a reason but we are halfway in the PL injury league so it’s not all about that. It happens and it can all get better suddenly but I don’t get the ‘it’s all lovely in the garden’ attitude.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Exactly. Bloom will have someone better in his back pocket.
RDZ is frustrating me at the moment but only because he won’t compromise. I’m not convinced one of the very biggest clubs will go for him yet because of that. However, I think it’s really dangerous to assume we will easily find a ‘better’ replacement. He’s pretty special by the standards of our club.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You are saying a lot without really saying anything. We can’t get pissed off because a billionaire fan decided to buy the club he supports?

No one forced RDZ to put Steele in goal, or a CB in midfield today was a shit show end of and out there for discussion.

As for signings no other PL side sold its entire midfield and didn’t replace any of them. I don’t even think they expected that much for Caceido it was a ridiculous amount of money. For RDZ to ask for a couple of signings in Jan was a very reasonable request. Bloom quickly shut that down with players are coming back from injury, maybe he should have listened to his manager.
You have no evidence that Tony shut anything down.

In fact, Albion tried to sign the two of the three best midfielders in the Championship during the transfer window, that we do know.

Not available, hardly a surprise. There is a very little of use that is available in January. And the club will not spend money on a player that they don't think improves the squad. Of course, they don't always get that right. But mostly it has been successful.

But the club would always look to the long term. It is the sensible approach. Even if it means upsetting one or two egos in the now.

Disappointed by today's performance ? Yes, a little. But I am absolutely delighted about where the club is at. And I still can't believe that Thursday is coming.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

In fact, Albion tried to sign the two of the three best midfielders in the Championship during the transfer window, that we do know
That sounded like bollocks to me, a top ten PL side playing European football should have no problem unsettling a championship player and getting the deal done.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That sounded like bollocks to me, a top ten PL side playing European football should have no problem unsettling a championship player and getting the deal done.
There is a lot to unpack there.

Who is to say that the player is the sort of person who would be unsettled anyway ? In the case of Leicester City, the player was a local lad who was quite happy to continue to see them through to the championship. He'll be playing Premier League football next year.

Not only that, the valuations were a long way apart. Leicester City weren't willing to budge. And I can think of a little team, not too far from either of us, who might just engage in the same practice.

Honestly, and I'm terribly sorry if this seems like an insult, but your response above does sound a little, shall we say, Chelsea.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There is a lot to unpack there.

Who is to say that the player is the sort of person who would be unsettled anyway ? In the case of Leicester City, the player was a local lad who was quite happy to continue to see them through to the championship. He'll be playing Premier League football next year.

Not only that, the valuations were a long way apart. Leicester City weren't willing to budge. And I can think of a little team, not too far from either of us, who might just engage in the same practice.

Honestly, and I'm terribly sorry if this seems like an insult, but your response above does sound a little, shall we say, Chelsea.
You seem to be guessing a lot there so what were the offers and what did Leicester want If you know it all that is?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

In fact, Albion tried to sign the two of the three best midfielders in the Championship during the transfer window, that we do know.

Not available, hardly a surprise. There is a very little of use that is available in January. And the club will not spend money on a player that they don't think improves the squad. Of course, they don't always get that right. But mostly it has been successful.

But the club would always look to the long term. It is the sensible approach. Even if it means upsetting one or two egos in the now.

Disappointed by today's performance ? Yes, a little. But I am absolutely delighted about where the club is at. And I still can't believe that Thursday is coming.
‘Two of the best midfielders’ I know about Dewsbury- Hall but the other one?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
‘Two of the best midfielders’ I know about Dewsbury- Hall but the other one?
Summerville at Leeds. I rate him as high as Pedro. Outstanding player. I watch Leeds a lot. Partly because their almost on every week

Our interest in him was reported in multiple outlets. But that said, I may be breaking my own rules as it may have been from a dodgy Q source.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Summerville at Leeds. I rate him as high as Pedro. Outstanding player. I watch Leeds a lot. Partly because their almost on every week

Our interest in him was reported in multiple outlets. But that said, I may be breaking my own rules as it may have been from a dodgy Q source.
I had Summerville down as a wide attacker. Very good player from what I’ve seen.
Problem with him and KDH is that they play for clubs who will likely be promoted. So players happy to stay and clubs very reluctant to sell.
Not the club’s fault for not getting those transfers over the line.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I had Summerville down as a wide attacker. Very good player from what I’ve seen.
Problem with him and KDH is that they play for clubs who will likely be promoted. So players happy to stay and clubs very reluctant to sell.
Not the club’s fault for not getting those transfers over the line.
He is, the bad point I was making is that share similar qualities and would have worked well in the same side. Summerville would have been an awesome signing.

I watch Leeds a lot, mainly because my boss, who is now a close friend, is from that area and has supported them for 50 years and she also takes an interest in Brighton now. We always leave an hour each week to talk about our respective clubs.

I'm also looking at property between Manchester and Leeds, so all the clubs in that area seem to be of intrigue to me at the moment. Sowerby Bridge seem a long way down the pyramid though. It's good to see their are plenty of Albion fans in the region.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What a weird bunch of fans we have become. Had a lad and his Dad calling for Fegies head today. Apparently he’s shit and the lad f***ing hates him and he’s useless. Now I know it was in the moment but what the f***.

We are shit it’s the joy of supporting brighton. When did a large part of our fan base become so entitled. On course still got our second best finish in the prem. made the last 16 of Europe. Can’t see the meltdown myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here