Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ fast becoming a club legend

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Just watching the pre match conference in which he says

'I've already forgotten about Caicedo' and if the reports that he cleared his locker out on Monday and then decamped to London are true then good riddance. Sorry if that offends some.

and then saying 'the big clubs can buy our players, but they can't buy our soul and our spirit, that's not on the market'

Just the type of fighting talk I like to hear as the season kicks off. What an inspired choice by Tony, we really are fortunate to have RDZ.

edit I know I've had a couple of sherberts, but my lips gone all quivery

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

'I've already forgotten about Caicedo' and if the reports that he cleared his locker out on Monday and then decamped to London are true then good riddance. Sorry if that offends some.

and then saying 'the big clubs can buy our players, but they can't buy our soul and our spirit, that's not on the market'

Just the type of fighting talk I like to hear as the season kicks off. What an inspired choice by Tony, we really are fortunate to have RDZ.

I agree with the sentiments but could the issues in bold be cause and effect ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
RdZ gives the impression he’s taking us all with him

G****m P****r always gave the vibe that we should feel lucky to have him

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

1.21 into this is just for you

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
He is saying all the right things - bloom is going to face one hell of a job to hang on to him for as long as possible

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He might be the one manager that tells Boehly to f*** Right Off, especially when Poch walks with £30m because he can’t manage an NFL ROSTER!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
RDZ ticks a lot of boxes but he hasn't experienced serious, negative prolonged results and pressure overcoming them to push on, so not quite at legend status yet.
… you can’t get more pressure than having no pre-season, following a manger who has your team 4th in the league before he left, and then having the spectre of losing your best players before you’ve assessed them properly…

The guy’s a legend.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Said it before - the way he talks about Brescia, being a fan, the rivalry with Atalanta, and the big Italian teams - he really gets what it means to be involved with a club like Brighton. He talks about wanting players who are proud to play for us, because we're Brighton. He knows that us qualifying for Europe means more to us than Man City winning another trophy means to their fans.

I cling on to hope that this means he won't jump at the first opportunity to manage one of the big clubs. If we continue to support him as he wants, we could be a perfect fit for each other for years to come.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
… you can’t get more pressure than having no pre-season, following a manger who has your team 4th in the league before he left, and then having the spectre of losing your best players before you’ve assessed them properly…

The guy’s a legend.

RDZ has been immense BUT please consider previous BHA managers have dealt with our struggles in the lower leagues with ***** as owners possibly losing our league status/existence ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here