Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ doing a "reverse Forest"

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
RDZ is welcome to come to my house and watch the match via stream - it always goes down just before we take penalties 🙄

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Absolutely- the Pen King Pedro 🙂
I still can't work out if he's pre planning the side and sending keeper wrong way by combination of eyes or luck?

Or if he's somehow waiting for keeper to move slightly and then putting it other side?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I was wondering if he didn't agree with the penalty? Therefore wasn't really going to cheer when it went in?
I think it may have been because he wasn’t very happy with the way we were playing rather than having an issue with the pen (and also cheering late after having had your back to the field might look a bit weird 🙂)

You know RDZ - even if we win, he takes the result but playing well and winning is the only thing that really causes him to celebrate how our ‘DNA’ is working.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I still can't work out if he's pre planning the side and sending keeper wrong way by combination of eyes or luck?

Or if he's somehow waiting for keeper to move slightly and then putting it other side?
I personally I haven’t studied enough of his penalties personally to form a specific analysis of his technique or why he is so good at pens but overall as a player, he has an incredible sense of balance, a really accurate foot, a very accurate eye so can exploit low, far corner angles when shooting.

The little dance-run up to the spot he takes prior to kicking pens maybe largely a balance thing to centre his body and get right behind the ball for the angle he’s decided to aim at but it also seems to act as a feint because it makes it hard for the stopper to read his intentions. When the body is so centred like that, it is far easier to change the angle of your foot at the last second without moving your body so disguises the direction until it’s too late for the keeper to anticipate.

So for me, yeah, it’s all about balance with him.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

From the tnt highlight I can't tell if he eyeballs the keeper for the start of the run up, or eyeballs a corner of the goal. He needs to wear a head cam or a retina cam!

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023

Exactly what I said to my boy last night. What does he do to have scored every penalty ? His eyes, body shape ? It’s all been done before so I suppose we shouldn’t over analyse it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here