Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Up until yesterday is that not what they valued him at, will they now only insure him for £250k?
I find it hard to believe any insurance company would weasel out of an existing deal, they previously agreed too, on a technicality. :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you Peter Crouch’s agent?

I can’t think of anyone less suited for the role we need upfront. In case you haven’t noticed we don’t lump it into the box which plays to Crouch’s only strength (his height).

We have done the same for Hemed and Murray but Crouch is a better target man than either of them and would probably bring Gross/Baldock if fit, into the game more from his lay offs and knock ons. This would allow Knockhaert/ March/Izquierdo/Propper more chance to get on the returns falling out of the box.

I am not saying he is the only answer as we still need a fox in the box to operate alongside of him which perhaps could be Izzy Brown but he is a proven upgrade on what we have.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
How come ****ing Huddersfield got ALL their business sorted pretty much before the players reported back for pre-season training and ourselves and Newcastle are still thrashing around the top player bargain basement for increasingly expensive non-entities???!!!

Because,on the whole,they went for average Champiomship players that no-one else was interested in.
Mooy's decent and Mounie looks a good find (though i suppose i would say that) but would you want any of their other players in our team? I certainly wouldn't.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Because,on the whole,they went for average Champiomship players that no-one else was interested in.
Mooy's decent and Mounie looks a good find (though i suppose i would say that) but would you want any of their other players in our team? I certainly wouldn't.

So you think with 5 days of the transfer deadline date to go we can do better than Mooy and Mounie?

And the average players that no one else is interested have allowed them to win their 1st two games.....

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Lossl doesn't look bad. And he's 6ft 4.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Neto had knee surgery immediately after we pulled the plug on that one, and the Swiss admit that they already knew about this 'deviation from the norm' or heart problem depending on your view.

I am starting to wonder how many clubs are trying to shift players with underlying medical conditions ???

Lots of clubs.

But most clubs are wiley enough to do the due diligence before going through the process of acquisition. Neto, for instance, was attracting a lot of interest.

The scouting and purchasing team have not delivered enough this window....still 6 days to go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH has said all along the major business will be done after a couple of games of the season and at the end of the window, so what is the surprise?. As regards Dwamena I wonder if we would have taken a chance as FC Zurich did when they paid £250k had we been quoted £1m rather than £9m.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Icy Gull;8089404 I cannot believe that we waited until mid August to go after our first choice. .[/QUOTE said:
Club insist they don't have first choices, but have multiple players in frame but not sure this is true is it Icy.

Even on basis of what was reported (presumably other bids were made) - they were bidding for Abraham as long ago as May.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They made two striker signings early in the window and I would be happy with both of those joining our current strikers at the moment, the way things are going.

Fair enough.
But OP and many others say and so do others that Hudds finished all their business a month or so ago.
It's not true.
They were signing yet more players this week from the same places we've been looking. . (Although Wagner now insists he's finally finished with his 11 signings )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here