Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I've had Zebedee on my ignore list for years.
Am I missing some pearls of wisdom from his days in football recruitment?

What did TSB say ?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Elvis Manu
Uwe
Ryan
Skalak

Question marks over some of our new signings this season.

Manu - yes
Uwe? What?? Really??? Did you not watch him as 4th choice at the end of the season?
Ryan - on 2 games, yeah great judgement
Skalak - started well and has faded - can't be judged as a bad signing at the time, but isn't PL quality now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Funny some on NSC were mocking Huddersfield for getting their deals done early. Forward wise they look stronger than us.

Most bedwetters were the complete opposite, bemoaning the fact that their players were bedded in and ours weren't. I think it illustrates that NSC is representative of a wide selection of opinion!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Most bedwetters were the complete opposite, bemoaning the fact that their players were bedded in and ours weren't. I think it illustrates that NSC is representative of a wide selection of opinion!

And arguably there's nothing wrong with that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Manu - yes
Uwe? What?? Really??? Did you not watch him as 4th choice at the end of the season?
Skalak - started well and has faded - can't be judged as a bad signing at the time, but isn't PL quality now

1.7 million spent on Uwe who quickly lost his place is a lot of money. Don't kid yourself fella.

Ryan is an appalling signing. Can't be arsed to keep mentioning why.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What a balls up.

Hopefully it turns out to be a blessing in disguise. But the way I feel at the moment with our sluggish strike force and not many days left of the window, This just feels like a massive kick in the teeth.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think we were mocking them for signing average championship players, rather than signing players early (why would that be a bad thing?!?!). Something I would stand by.

Only time will tell if they are average. Mooy is anything but average, the French forward has started well.

I guess the end of the season is when we'll know.

However, what I like is the fact they got their work done early, enhancing preparation time.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Shame on all you lot slagging the club off over this. We possibly saved the lads life through our medical procedures.

I wish the lad all the best with whatever treatment he needs to recover.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Or maybe we're going to improve our contract offer for Jovetic?

Maybe but it doesn't seem as if he is too keen to come here. Do we really want a pressed man?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I don't think it's unfair. Certain posters are always the first to post when we concede, when a transfer doesn't come off or when a player makes a mistake and it's a small part of the NSC psyche that I'll never understand. Sure, perhaps the transfer window could have gone better but it won't be for the want of trying- that's two major signings that have failed a medical and whichever way you spin it, that's incredible bad luck.

And it's not as if the recruitment team can foresee failed medicals. Fingers crossed we aren't too far off on our next target, time is certainly against us now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Manu - yes

This.
Uwe in fact has been excellent.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Only time will tell if they are average. Mooy is anything but average, the French forward has started well.

I guess the end of the season is when we'll know.

However, what I like is the fact they got their work done early, enhancing preparation time.

I championed us signing the French lad months before they did.
But the rest are dross at this level and will prove to be so come May.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Shame on all you lot slagging the club off over this. We possibly saved the lads life through our medical procedures.

I wish the lad all the best with whatever treatment he needs to recover.

I haven't sensed that anyone has slagged the club off, have they? Most comments are borne of out of frustration (and a bit of desperation) rather than anything else.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
1.7 million spent on Uwe who quickly lost his place is a lot of money. Don't kid yourself fella.

Ryan is an appalling signing. Can't be arsed to keep mentioning why.

Do you actually support Brighton? You never post anything positive.

To say a signing is appalling after two games is ridiculous. And Uwe proved he was a good signing at the end of last season when we needed him most.

As for Winstanley, the signings he made have helped us turn from a bottom six Championship side to a promoted one. To question his signings is a joke

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What a balls up.

Hopefully it turns out to be a blessing in disguise. But the way I feel at the moment with our sluggish strike force and not many days left of the window, This just feels like a massive kick in the teeth.

Don't worry.

I have it on good NSC authority that the closer we get to the window, the cheaper and better quality the signings become.

The fact we left it this late would surely mean we have exhausted previous options, otherwise we would have easily been able to find out about this condition months ago assuming this is the man we wanted.

I won't lie, I'm worried. Wonder if any prat is going to throw a bedwetter comment at me now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here