[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Official FIFA Ranking - Required % of international matches in past 2 yrs
FIFA 1-10 - 30% and above
FIFA 11-20 - 45% and above
FIFA 21-30 - 60% and above
FIFA 31-50 - 75% and above

The striker made his Ghana debut just two months ago when they faced Ethiopia in the Africa Cup of Nations and he scored two goals in the 5-0 massacre which means he won't qualify for the permit.

In the case of players aged 21 or under at the time of application, the period is reduced to one year. The aim is to make it easier for young, outstanding talent to grow their game in the UK.

If a club’s application is rejected, there is an appeals process. The Exceptions Panel is the appeals body which will consider, on a points based system, the player’s experience and value before deciding whether the player can join the club, regardless of their failed application. A stricter assessment of relevant objective criteria will be applied in an appeal.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/exclusive-brighton-move-for-ghana-striker-raphael-dwamena-hits-snag-over-work-permit-after-his-uk-arrival

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I've just seen the advert for FIFA 18, and for some reason Dwamena features in one of the boxes on the end frame - that's got to be a good sign, hasn't it?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Ulloa gained an Italian passport if I remember rightly? I believe that was the reason we finally got him after tracking him for quite some time

Spanish surely. We got him from Almeria.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ulloa gained an Italian passport if I remember rightly? I believe that was the reason we finally got him after tracking him for quite some time

Loads of Argentinians have Italian ancestry. I'm pretty sure Ulloa got an Italian passport.

It was Spanish citizenship that allowed him to get the passport making his move to Albion feasible.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Official FIFA Ranking - Required % of international matches in past 2 yrs
FIFA 1-10 - 30% and above
FIFA 11-20 - 45% and above
FIFA 21-30 - 60% and above
FIFA 31-50 - 75% and above

The striker made his Ghana debut just two months ago when they faced Ethiopia in the Africa Cup of Nations and he scored two goals in the 5-0 massacre which means he won't qualify for the permit.

In the case of players aged 21 or under at the time of application, the period is reduced to one year. The aim is to make it easier for young, outstanding talent to grow their game in the UK.

If a club’s application is rejected, there is an appeals process. The Exceptions Panel is the appeals body which will consider, on a points based system, the player’s experience and value before deciding whether the player can join the club, regardless of their failed application. A stricter assessment of relevant objective criteria will be applied in an appeal.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/exclusive-brighton-move-for-ghana-striker-raphael-dwamena-hits-snag-over-work-permit-after-his-uk-arrival

And all this http://www.reevaldo.com/story/2016/9/15/football-work-permit-premier-league-fa-foreign-players

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I know but I'm sure it was Italian for some reason. I might be catastrophically wrong though!

It was a Spanish passport that he qualified for through residency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21050648

We'd been tracking Leo for around 18 months before he signed, the club had to wait for the passport to be issued as they knew Leo wouldn't qualify for a work permit. I would assume they are more confident with Dwamena due to his age and recent international call ups.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It absolutely is. Hyper-inflation, what would've been worth 2 or 3 million a year ago is now 4 or 5 times more expensive. Southampton have just paid 15 million for Wesley Hoedt who has made a couple of appearances for the Dutch national team.
All transfer fees are relative now.
Even though we're in PL I'm still not much interested in transfer gossip and fees actually paid by clubs... but this post made me think.

If we HADN'T got promoted last year then how would this quintupling of transfer fees have affected TB's BHAFC Project...? How is the market for top end Championship players? Would Tony have been OK about losing £50m each season?

I guess that all would ultimately still have been well but it does feel like a particularly important time to be doing this from a PL berth...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here