Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In my experience
And your experience is based on which millennium?

I wasnt aware that it had been granted only the work permit so why wasnt he on the bench last night or at least introduced to the crowd?
He got the permit a while ago. Chris said he wanted him to train with the first team more than he wanted him to get a game against L2 side. Do we have all our players introduced to the crowd?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3rd party ownership wouldn't like slow down international clearance.

You've changed your tune in literally less than 24 hours...minus the 3rd Party Ownership bollocks, you were saying the same thing.
I was talking about Dwamena yesterday. The post above is about Izquierdo.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So what's the difference in terms of international clearance and the wait?
The comment yesterday was a response to a post about Dwamena getting a work permit and it not looking good ( obviously opinion ) from the content of the post.

The recent response was about the time being taken for Izquierdo's international clearance to come through, which doesn't so far seem unreasonable given the 9 days it took for Ulloa.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The comment yesterday was a response to a post about Dwamena getting a work permit and it not looking good ( obviously opinion ) from the content of the post.

The recent response was about the time being taken for Izquierdo's international clearance to come through, which doesn't so far seem unreasonable given the 9 days it took for Ulloa.
Ah, I see - my apologies.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And your experience is based on which millennium?

In the late 80s/90s I was on Surrey FA and on the League sanctions committee that dealt with such issues for lower rated players coming from abroad or even other FAs within the UK like Wales and Scotland Although we did deal with Lombardo when he went to Palace. In those days pre internet and e mails it was all done by fax and even then didnt take very long so with modern internet should be quicker. I was thinking of Izquierdo possibly being like Tevez and Maschrinho and the problems they had but apparently that is thankfully not the case.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
In the late 80s/90s I was on Surrey FA and on the League sanctions committee that dealt with such issues for lower rated players coming from abroad or even other FAs within the UK like Wales and Scotland Although we did deal with Lombardo when he went to Palace. In those days pre internet and e mails it was all done by fax and even then didnt take very long so with modern internet should be quicker. I was thinking of Izquierdo possibly being like Tevez and Maschrinho and the problems they had but apparently that is thankfully not the case.

Youre right that it should be simple though as our recent dealings with the Welsh FA have shown its not always the case

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I think that most people feel the same as desperation seems to be creeping in.

I think I'd be feeling pretty desperate... if I didn't remember that the Davy Propper deal came out of absolutely nowhere from our perspective, proving that actually us not knowing of any imminent signings means absolutely nothing about what is actually close to being done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I'd be feeling pretty desperate... if I didn't remember that the Davy Propper deal came out of absolutely nowhere from our perspective, proving that actually us not knowing of any imminent signings means absolutely nothing about what is actually close to being done.

I think some posters feel a little desperate because of that precise reason.
They have no idea who's coming in and it must feel like their brilliance isn't being listened too.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think it is more a case of us supporters getting some information and then being left in mid air.

As opposed to what though ?

What do fans expect to be told ? I for one expect nothing with regard to transfers in or out, its generally agents etc that leak information, much less football clubs

Some fans are way too precious about things.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think it is more a case of us supporters getting some information and then being left in mid air.
That's easy - just assume no news means nothing has changed.

We don't need a daily update saying 'still waiting for the clearance from Belgium' for example - the albion simply have nothing new to say.

With just 8.5 days left of the window, we are hardly a long way away from some more items of news.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Chris commented on the current status of the Dwamena and Izquierdo transfers only last night in multiple press and broadcast interviews following Barnet.
This followed several statements and quotes being released on Monday via the press/website, and another press conference on Sunday and multiple interviews post Leicester on Saturday.
The club communicate with fans pretty much daily.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With Jose and AK back in the squad teams won't be able to press us as much we will be dangerous on the break, in turn we will have more of the ball and hopefully get back to playing football. The panic over the last two results is laughable and some really need to get a grip or a life.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Why are we in mid-air ? There is a process to be followed, it might take a few days, might take a bit longer, the club will have done their research and got a very good idea in advance whether there were likely to be any problems. On e anything is confirmed they're pretty good at chucking a message out these days.

If they gave us no info that would be wrong as well.

The only problem here is people's impatience......probably the same ones that start panicking about their away tickets not being received two weeks before the bloody game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here