Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rangers v Brighton

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Tau is a little bit out of his depth I feel. He was what we needed when we first purchased him but he's not good enough. First touch is poor, vision isn't great and he's not strong enough. Shame.

That’s a bit harsh to be calling out players considering it was a typical early preseason, getting your fitness up type of game. You could have said the same for most of them today.

This was an excellent run out against a team who start their season next weekend and have important CL games coming yet could not break us down. First half we were inevitably better with AL and Gross in the team. We fielded a very inexperienced back line and our 3rd choice keeper in the 2nd half and despite all their possession, they created one or two decent chances. We looked nicely organised in the 2nd half even though there was not much going forward. As mentioned earlier, Welbeck dropping out must have scuppered the pre-game plans.

Like the look of the computer and the youngsters in the first half, Khedra, Zeqiri etc looked lively.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rangers have played more pre season games and we had several main first teamers out Sanchez, Vieltman, Trossard, Welbeck, Dunk, Lamptey and White (?) so as always not worrying about the result.
. and Webster? (or was he on in the first half?)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
. and Webster? (or was he on in the first half?)

No. We had the combined ineptitude of BDB and Duffy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Argus report says we managed to hold on for a point, so all good

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I wish I'd known the match was on YouTube (and Hesgoal etc) as I paid out for it, assuming it would only be through the stream.

Some definite positives though...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Welbeck injured shock news :lolol: we really need to purchase two forwards.

Not sure any is needed. Trossard was excellent as a false nine when he come on vs City. Maupay is a good player. Connolly a good talent who will hopefully shine this season. Zeqiri is also very interesting and we know what we get from Welbeck when he is healthy.

I'd love to see a dirty striker signing but it is by no means necessary. There is lots of improvement possible from what's already at the club.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Not sure any is needed. Trossard was excellent as a false nine when he come on vs City. Maupay is a good player. Connolly a good talent who will hopefully shine this season. Zeqiri is also very interesting and we know what we get from Welbeck when he is healthy.

I'd love to see a dirty striker signing but it is by no means necessary. There is lots of improvement possible from what's already at the club.

Save it Swanny.They are all no good.Get rid!

Ashworth out!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Benchmarking to say September 2017, genuinely, we have a fantastic squad with top flight quality throughout and strength in depth. To think, a bunch of first teamers didn’t even feature today.

Assuming White’s off, hopefully we’ll add some recruits in this transfer window - LWB, striker and DM, to improve us even more.

Then to convert all that into better results at the 5th time of asking!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
No idea. I don't think he done anything wrong and made a goal line clearance. Looked quite comfortable in possession as well. Definitely didn't see his first half performance as 'out of sorts'.

In my defence I missed the first 15 mins and the goal line clearance but having said that I thought Duffy was caught flat footed several times

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Need a striker. Cannot understand if we don’t get one with the white money. Probably need a right back too and a left back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here