Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rangers v Brighton

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Typical pre season run out with 22 players. Good to get the fitness in. No real standouts - Mwepu and Odtigard if I had to pick 2. Good to be back!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can tell where both teams are in terms of pre season.

Absolutely - was very obvious they’re 2 weeks ahead of us. I think Welbeck’s injury (presumably) ****ed up the team a bit as one striker and poor old Andone had a thankless task.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Was at work and couldn’t watch. The thing that bothers me about the scoreline is I’m still seeing “nil” after our name. Did we make many chances or was it a backs to the wall affair?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was at work and couldn’t watch. The thing that bothers me about the scoreline is I’m still seeing “nil” after our name. Did we make many chances or was it a backs to the wall affair?

Very few. Second half was very backs to the wall but look at the back line - I think 0 first team caps between them all, so did well and good experience.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

It will always be a nil when the quality of our attacking options is next to nil, sadly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tau is a little bit out of his depth I feel. He was what we needed when we first purchased him but he's not good enough. First touch is poor, vision isn't great and he's not strong enough. Shame.

Thought he was terrible when he got it tbh. Weird game as passed me by a lot and difficult to see who was who at times.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watched the second half on Youtube - felt a bit guilty considering that some had paid £7.95 or whatever to watch! Not great to see 11 players in their own half for long periods, with no-one getting anywahere near the opponents' penalty area - we've had more than enough of that in fairly recent years! Still, it was the first run out - and no doubt far too hot to try a high press.

Ostigard definitely looks ready for the first team squad. Alzate and Bissouma did some good work in midfield (apart from Bissouma's moments of madness). Not a lot else learned - I didn't get home until half time, so no idea if the first half answered any questions.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I thought young Antef(can't spell Tsoungui)was quite assured as was Ostigard. Tau put through a couple of nice balls but tried to twinkle toe past the sweaties without the run of the ball. Good to see Solly back, even if his first touch was pants as well! Richards impressed, Biss trying too hard and is a bit of a liability when like that.
My biggest worry is Potter keeping the beard?

For all his abilities and skills Bissouma still has the odd red card deep down in his psyche. I'm sure he'll grow out of that but it might - just might - make a top six club have second thoughts, at least for the time being.

Good news for us, let him stay with us for another season (or two) and get rid of that (very minor) potential problem. Then he will be one hell of a player.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
i came away thinking, blimey, we've got lots of players! Two complete teams and Naylor named. I think, 9 first teamers who didn't play. That's a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here