Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rangers Interested in Murphy

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not sure Rangers have any cash?
Suspect Sheffield United might be interested in buying him back but the price is going to be in the order of £2m-£3m if we are going to sell at all.
Personally I would keep him as I think he could perform at this level.
I'd let Skalak and LuaLua go though

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I doubt Rangers have the type of money that will buy Murphy. In today’s market he’s got to be worth at least £2m.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A loan out for Murphy is better for now - in the worst case we could do with him in the Championship next year :nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone has got to be 4th choice winger.

I'm amazed that choices 1,2 & 3 have all remind fit and healthy for half a season.
Knockaert still shouldn't be walking after Watford, away.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Rangers are L1/L2 standard. He'd be an absolute superstar for them and probably get sold back to a Prem club for around 20 mill where he'd fail miserably... sell on clause needed.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I like Murphy. There’s talent there for sure. He has the ability to beat a man, he works hard defensively, and he can finish. Unfortunately, like others have said, his decision making isn’t ideal and it often lets him down at vital moments. For me he’s a good Championship player who could probably do a passable job in the Premier League, but, like Skalak, we should be looking to upgrade sooner or later.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
it hasn't, it was always at that level. Skillful player but lacking up top where the decision making process takes place.

Those 74 appearances are over two and half seasons and you neglect to differentiate between starts and subs?

Probably best to off load him in this window to free up space in the 25, especially as he isn't a home grown player!

And prey tell where you are gonna find a better back up player for less than paying about £5m for ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And prey tell where you are gonna find a better back up player for less than paying about £5m for ?

Doesn't really matter. If we were selling Dunk or Stephens or Propper we would need to be damn sure who we were going to replace them with, and be damn sure we'd be getting them. But the need to have a replacement for our 4th. or 5th. choice winger - not so important. We have good attacking fullbacks, so could double them up - Bong and Suttner on the left, Bruno and Schelotto on the right. Or even - heaven forbid - we could give one of our youngsters a chance. I've checked it out, and we are actually allowed to play U23 or U18s in the first team, believe it or not...........................................

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doesn't really matter. If we were selling Dunk or Stephens or Propper we would need to be damn sure who we were going to replace them with, and be damn sure we'd be getting them. But the need to have a replacement for our 4th. or 5th. choice winger - not so important. We have good attacking fullbacks, so could double them up - Bong and Suttner on the left, Bruno and Schelotto on the right. Or even - heaven forbid - we could give one of our youngsters a chance. I've checked it out, and we are actually allowed to play U23 or U18s in the first team, believe it or not...........................................
And Ahannach is over 21 so really needs to either be in our 25 man squad or out on loan anyway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Boooooooooooo

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
About his level L1/lower championship
But in the last two seasons he helped us finish top 3 of the Championship twice. I'd say his level is top half of the Championship. Where you get the idea that he's L1 level I have no idea.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Swap him for Rangers's right back Tavernier, thought he had a storming game today.

Nooooooo...doesn't have the pace for the Championship let alone the Premiership...

I am a Gers fan and there is no one in their squad who would improve our team.

As for the 'Great Unwashed' , likewise......

Best look to Europe for the signings...

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here