Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random question about taking a RUCKSACK into games

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
right chaps and chapesses this snatchurday I'll be waking up in Brizzle, getting drunk, going to the game with my overnight bag/rucksack (to be decided) as I'm coming home straight after, as i've NEVER taken a bag before I'm worried the STEWARDS will jump off their horses and steal it forever more.....

SO....do they allow things like these into a game arena:

1) DEODORANT - cos I smell innit!
2) PHONE CHARGER - Could this be classed as a WEAPON or something stupid?
3) DIRTY UNDERWEAR - cos i'm bound to shit myself at some point during the night!

any Stewards available for comment? any regulars take bags to games all the time? why hav'nt I had breakfast yet its 12:15pm for f*** sake!?

ta muchly :thumbsup:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The deodorant: is it ball or aerosol - or is it for your underarms?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I often take a small rucksack in with me, when I take my lad to games. Stewards generally pick it out to have a look through, but get bored of the idea pretty quickly, and wave me through. Never had anything taken off me, we're not talking airport security here.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cheers chaps, should be fine then ta

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Took my backpack last night cos I went straight to the game from work. They were cool with it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Never had any problems with a rucksack , I've always unzipped it ready for inspection approaching the turnstiles. You can get the odd steward telling you certain items are not allowed to be taken into the ground (e.g. small bottles of pepsi max :lol:). Put the can of deodorant and phone charger at the bottom of the rucksack and cover with clothing making sure the smelly socks and shit stained boxers are on top , you'll be waved along after a cursory glance as the steward tries to stop gagging.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've only ever had a problem once, and that was at the Goldstone.

I'd been climbing before the match and arrived by motorcycle, so had nowhere to put my gear. The steward wouldn't let me take it in in case I tied someone up (I kid you not)! I thought he was joking at first, but was absolutely adamant.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I always have a mini-rucksak - most ground stewards like to poke their noses in - they [obviously] don't allow sharpes [leave you camping knife and shaving razors out or they'll be convascated].
For some reason they also take the airline's view that a water bottle is an offensive weapon. Apparently it can be thrown at players, bizzarely [at Port Vale I think] they said it would be okay if I took the top off and left that behind.
Just try to look sensible and grown up and don't be lippy, you'll never win.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That happens at nearly every ground; though at Rovers you're not even allowed it without a lid.

Russ never has that problem as the ground regulations infringe his rights under the DDA :thumbsup:

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
A bloke in front of me in the queue had his rucksack confiscated once by the stewards, the poor bloke didn't know what had happened to him.

Although to be fair, it may have been because I tippexed "Allah Akbar" across the back while we were waiting.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Huddersfield had no probs with a rucksack either.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
You will clearly be marked out as a terrorist and be in Guantanamo before the Mail on Sunday rolls off the press

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A bloke in front of me in the queue had his rucksack confiscated once by the stewards, the poor bloke didn't know what had happened to him.

Although to be fair, it may have been because I tippexed "Allah Akbar" across the back while we were waiting.

f***ing sponsors get everywhere nowadays :lol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I had a rucksack with me last night. Due to the fact the journey was far quicker than I had expected I was at the front of the queue. Having had a chat with the stewards about football they has a cursory look at my backpack. I have various odds and ends as well as my Apad but unbeknownst to the examiner I have my tools. This included a Leatherman that has a fairly long and very sharp knife. Being midde aged and respectable looking helps I'm sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here