Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Random ex-players you may have forgot played for us

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Mark Lawrenson (just returning the favour)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The fella that used to make moody tenners? Cor, that free-kick for Wrexham against Arsenal in the FA Cup. If the net wasn't there the ball would still be travelling. I think he was 37-years-old by that time.

I'm not sure which team it was, but he admitted that in one game, he was still pissed from the night before!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
He stood for so much and was so brave in coming out in 1990. The reaction was very hostile and the terraces gave him some terrible homophobic abuse. Now, they'd be regarded as a breakthrough - for other footballers to reveal their sexuality. But what does it really matter to fans and teammates? It's called 'private life' for a reason.

Rest in Peace, Justin.

Sadly our own terraces didn’t help.
We played Wimbledon in the ZDS cup in ‘91 and the North Stand dished out a load of “Justin Fashanu’s a homosexual” chants and abuse whenever his brother John got near the north goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Johnny McNichol ( I never saw him play though)

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Finally retired from playing just two years ago, aged 51. Played for 25 clubs in his career - that's what I call a football journeyman!

Insanely, another ex Albion player, Trevor Benjamin was on the books of 30 clubs but only managed to play more than 12 games for 4 of those teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here