Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random encounters with Albion players

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4254003 said:
Not a player but I once pissed next to Des Lynam in the Withdean bogs. He's got white pubes.

This is just the sort of insider info the NOTW would have paid thousands for. And all perfectly legal.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
We bought a house in the 1970s from the Albion, where their players used to live. The back 3 ft cupboard was stashed 6 feet high with Albion mags and programmes. Can you believe, we threw them out?! There was no Ebay then, you see.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I see Tony Towner alot as he lives about 10 houses up from me.

I nearly ended our championship campaign last August when I was driving through Sussex University. I was admiring the new stadium and when I turned my eyes back to the road the entire squad were running towards me doing pre-season training.30 seconds more admiring and it could have been a very different season.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Dean Cox on the train up to Charlton away (the game we won 2-1)

I nearly ended our championship campaign last August when I was driving through Sussex University. I was admiring the new stadium and when I turned my eyes back to the road the entire squad were running towards me doing pre-season training.30 seconds more admiring and it could have been a very different season.

I work up there and see them running up and down one of the hills outside my office.

gizza25

Swedish Seagull
Jan 17, 2011
Lövestad/Sweden
Visiting an old army friend in Great Bar (Birmingham) was sat in this bar, and my friend said casually " You´ll know this guy"? Who should walk through the pub door covered in paint and shit. The one and only Tony Grealish! Listened to a lot of stories about the cup final run in and what they got up to when not playing football. Very funny!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Met Alex Revell in a sports shop in Lewes one wet Wednesday afternoon a few years ago !! And Gary Stevens at Crowborough Athletic FC when we played Tunbridge Wells in a friendly i believe he was trying to take over T/Wells at the time !!
Ruined my childhood hero worship as he was a proper arrogant wanker !!

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
bumped into much of the cullip/zamora team after the chesterfield winning season, went on a crawl with them with some old mates working for seaside. zamora turned down a line of charlzzz from a silly member of seaside......not sure about nathan jones tho....he seemed to slope off for a bit.

steve foster in the vic in portslade every friday lunchtime early nineties.

bumped into nathan jones on a train, bumped into roy keane on a bus, bumped into brian clough in a bar in spain - and spoke to all of them. cloughy was the highlight of these :)

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Tommy Elphick and Adam El-abd always drink in font down the lanes.

Saw gary hart the other day at the petrol station at waterhall. He was chuffed to bits with the SSC game and hoping to find a club soon.

also quite often used to get the train to brighton with dean cox in the morning when he lived in haywards heath. was always happy to chat about the albion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I once woke up with an Albion centre half in my bed. That was pretty random.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Just thought of another... I played for Pagham (very average county league side in the 90's) at the end of his career we played against Gerry Armstrong & we had a good chat during the game
talking about his famous goal against Spain.
Not sure if it was before/after he headbutted someone at Southwick who was giving him grief in the crowd..
I also seem to remember we played against a team called Stamco which I think were backed by a lotto winner in hastings & he paid for loads of old pros to play for them,
like Steve Gatting, Jimmy Gillighan, Brian McDermott etc...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And Jim McNulty in intensive care.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw Tommy Elphick in the pre-parade ring at Ascot on saturday.

I've seen him in Hove Bagelman. He looked very nervous waiting for his lunch in his Albion tracksuit.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Stood in queue behind Virgo and CKR in Tesco on Dyke Road on separate occasions, both buying milk. Also gave directions to Chippy to the training ground on his first day as an Albion player.

stupendor

Feb 21, 2010
Some time in mid May 1997 I was in the bar that is now Wetherspoons in West st. (Can't remember what it was called then) In walked Stuart Storer, Kev McGarrigle and Malcolm Stewart. The then girlfriend I was with went and brought Storer over and we had about a 20 min chat about the last game at Goldstone, his goal and Hereford, from both sides of the touchline. A thoroughly nice guy.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Had the pleasure of Bobby Zamora coming to my house as my mother was giving his girlfriend private french lessons about five/six years ago. Also have seen Greer and Noone both in Tesco on Dyke road this year on different occasions.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I ONCE laid between Steve Fosters LEGS as he DID a raffle DRAW, luckily HE didn't REPEAT his Corals antics

I used to be a member at Corals when Maybank, Lawro and Fozzie used to go in there. My recollection was Teddy pee'd in the plant pot, can't remember if Fozzie did as well but they were always up to something.

Just thought of another... I played for Pagham (very average county league side in the 90's) at the end of his career we played against Gerry Armstrong & we had a good chat during the game
talking about his famous goal against Spain.
Not sure if it was before/after he headbutted someone at Southwick who was giving him grief in the crowd..

I played against Armstrong at Southwick once, not sure if it was the same game as I don't remember a head butt..

Played a kick about with Gary Williams and quite often have a drink and chat with him.

Saw George Graham walking down North Road once.

When I was about 8 or 9 I used to think Peter Ward worked in the butchers in the Open Market! Dead ringer...:wrong::smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here