Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Raleigh's Choppers

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
To expensive in England so I am of to Egypt to have mine sorted .
Do your research,check out your dentist and if happy go ahead.
To have a full crown with straighning is about 4k.

Are not talking about two separate treatments there? You need a crown but also all your teeth in upper and lower jaw need straightening?

Here's a link to what you could be paying for a crown. I paid about £250 for a crown 2 years ago. https://www.naturalsmiles.co.uk/blo...of_dental_crowns_in_private_clinics_in_the_uk

On the subject of straightening your teeth the key factors will be extent and length of treatment required. Additionally, you need to decide about the aesthetics of how it will look during treatment. It's not quite the month full of metal of years ago but some solutions will still be a little inelegant. On that basis Invisalign are are great option but not cheap. My wife had a fairly simple correction to two front teeth and it really good.

https://www.naturalsmiles.co.uk/blog/how-much-does-invisalign-cost-uk/

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Oh dear, the day has finally come, I knew it was going to happen.
My teef are in a right old state due to all the work I had done 20 years ago needing replacing and a lot more.
I do not have an NHS dentist and I have no chance of getting one, the cost of going private is eye watering for what I need doing.
I am going to pay for a full consultation and examination though so that I have a full report.
I am looking into all options so my question is, has anyone been or know someone that has been abroad to have there teef sorted out either with extraction, fillings, root canals and crowns or full implants.
Turkey keeps cropping up as an option where they do great work at far less cost than England.
I have heard that you can get it all done with accommodation and flights provided in with the cost.
Any experiences or knowledge would be appreciated.

You need to be very careful with teeth , I’ve heard some horror stories from people going abroad namely Turkey where the standard of dentistry has been poor . In my view you are much better getting it done here by a dentist with an excellent reputation even if you start to do different areas of your mouth over a period of a year or two to spread the costs out .

There are some very good dentists abroad but also some very poor especially in some Eastern Europe countries . You really do need to do a lot of research if you are going abroad . Don’t just base your decision on price ..

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hungary was the option I considered for just one implant.
I’m fast approaching that time, too, so I’m thinking that I’ll go there and get a job lot at some point.
Budapest is also a fantastic city, by the way!

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Whilst living in Ireland just over three years ago my partner went for a quote in Cork for three implants, some root canal work and some filling replacements. She was quoted €10,000.
Here in Brazil she got all of the above plus a bone graft required for one of the implants, veneers for the front teeth and laser whitening for the equivalent of €3,500. I had laser whitening and 62 weeks of invisalign braces for an additional €1,500.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Paging NSC's [MENTION=5285]driller[/MENTION] - our resident dental expert ....

I had 3 implants about 2 years ago UR1 UL1 + UL2
I researched extensively - Hungary has an excellent dental training and provision in this field.
I was put off going to them as several visits are needed 1/ to extract, then a few weeks later, drill and insert the pegs [aka raw-plugs] into the jaw, and then about 6 months later, have an impression & x-ray taken - then a week or two later to have the actual teeth fitted - 4 flights to & fro + overnights.

So I found a Hungarian implantologist fairly local to me - he files over to his UK clinic, does 2-3 days per week and flies home to his Hungarian clinic.

I paid just over £2k for 3 implants - very happy with service.

What price, your teeth, eh?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Paging NSC's [MENTION=5285]driller[/MENTION] - our resident dental expert ....

I had 3 implants about 2 years ago UR1 UL1 + UL2
I researched extensively - Hungary has an excellent dental training and provision in this field.
I was put off going to them as several visits are needed 1/ to extract, then a few weeks later, drill and insert the pegs [aka raw-plugs] into the jaw, and then about 6 months later, have an impression & x-ray taken - then a week or two later to have the actual teeth fitted - 4 flights to & fro + overnights.

So I found a Hungarian implantologist fairly local to me - he files over to his UK clinic, does 2-3 days per week and flies home to his Hungarian clinic.

I paid just over £2k for 3 implants - very happy with service.

What price, your teeth, eh?

Very interesting, lots of research needed obviously.
If the price is right I am seriously considering a whole set of implants.
As you said it is the back and forth that puts me off.
Am I right in saying that you have to go around with no teef for 6 months some of that time with a gum full of raw plugs.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Very interesting, lots of research needed obviously.
If the price is right I am seriously considering a whole set of implants.
As you said it is the back and forth that puts me off.
Am I right in saying that you have to go around with no teef for 6 months some of that time with a gum full of raw plugs.

d2324810c863fa59b04701e0037e9469.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I had the same problem as you several years back and had the whole top row 'all on one dental implants' at Brighton implant clinic. Cost about £7K paid for by my dear old mum and they've been great.

However, I got talking to an English chap in Jordan recently who trained and now works in Sofia, Bulgaria, and he was saying that dental costs there inc private work are a fraction of the costs that they are here.

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
Just had 3 crowns fitted here in Spain. Cost 1020 euros. First visit including x Ray's was free. I'm very happy with the service so far. They are having a special on implants at the moment 600 euros.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just had 3 crowns fitted here in Spain. Cost 1020 euros. First visit including x Ray's was free. I'm very happy with the service so far. They are having a special on implants at the moment 600 euros.

Full consultation and examination including x rays etc is about £150.
Having a 'special' on implants, brilliant.
My local has a 'special' on shots.
Why can't this country carry out this sort of stuff like other countries do. I am going to throughly research but I have no concerns that the quality of the treatment is worse abroad than in England.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Just be real careful going abroad
This is your body not buying a car or stereo.
I have seen some horrific cases from dental tourism esp turkey.
They seem so heavy handed and destroyed healthy teeth. Looks good ( if you like porcelain) for a bit then falls apart or the destroyed teeth give up.

Implants are surgical procedure basically putting a screw of titanium in your bone
If it goes wrong it can take a huge amount of treatment to put right and this is very expensive - the nhs will not touch implants done abroad and hospitals reject all referrals.

The oversea clinics all sound very high end - great web sites clinical coordinators etc but can be smoke and Mirrors to get you in.
They often put implants into people where we would not dream of doing so - a lot of clinical boxes need to be ticked for us to do one - not everyone can have them if; there is a high risk of failure we will not do them.

Quite often overseas places use ‘cheap’ components or even unlicensed copies where the equipment in the Uk may not even fit making repairs very difficult or impossible.
Often follow ups are not done which is essential especially for first 5 years when implants most likely to fail

As I say just be careful saving 1k or so may sound ok but could be a disaster.

All that being said there is also some very good work done overseas which I would be happy to have in my mouth.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just be real careful going abroad
This is your body not buying a car or stereo.
I have seen some horrific cases from dental tourism esp turkey.
They seem so heavy handed and destroyed healthy teeth. Looks good ( if you like porcelain) for a bit then falls apart or the destroyed teeth give up.

Implants are surgical procedure basically putting a screw of titanium in your bone
If it goes wrong it can take a huge amount of treatment to put right and this is very expensive - the nhs will not touch implants done abroad and hospitals reject all referrals.

The oversea clinics all sound very high end - great web sites clinical coordinators etc but can be smoke and Mirrors to get you in.
They often put implants into people where we would not dream of doing so - a lot of clinical boxes need to be ticked for us to do one - not everyone can have them if; there is a high risk of failure we will not do them.

Quite often overseas places use ‘cheap’ components or even unlicensed copies where the equipment in the Uk may not even fit making repairs very difficult or impossible.
Often follow ups are not done which is essential especially for first 5 years when implants most likely to fail

As I say just be careful saving 1k or so may sound ok but could be a disaster.

All that being said there is also some very good work done overseas which I would be happy to have in my mouth.

Thank you.
Getting both sides of the coin is what I needed.
I have said all along that I will do thorough research, but the saving is considerable.
I will wait and see what happens after a consultation and if I could get it done in this country I would.
Maybe I can get away with fillings, extractions and crowns.
I will wait for the pro to advise.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Thank you.
Getting both sides of the coin is what I needed.
I have said all along that I will do thorough research, but the saving is considerable.
I will wait and see what happens after a consultation and if I could get it done in this country I would.
Maybe I can get away with fillings, extractions and crowns.
I will wait for the pro to advise.

Out of interest how do you evaluate the research?
Cost?
Clinical failure rate?
What system they use?

Do not be sold because the web site is good
Or they agree to do what you want - as I said quite often we reject people because what they want cannot be done predictably

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Also if you need alot of work this could take multiple visits just to plan and get you orally healthy.
Do not let corners be cut just to get to the ‘ profitable bit’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here