Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rajiv van La Parra [on loan from Wolves until 2nd January]

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Here's a thought

How about we trust the manager's judgement? If Hughton thinks he's a good addition to the squad that's good enough for me.

Or do we still believe that nonsense that the manager doesn't have the final decision on transfers?

Or another bit of nonsense that the club leaving everything to the last minute is the sole reason we haven't picked up a Messi?

Too many people on here seem to think that just because they are good at Football Manager or whatever it's called - I have no idea - they know better than the man whose job it is to make these decisions.

I suspect if we looked back at NSC when an unknown kid called Zamora arrived on loan we'd find people saying if he can't get into Bristol Rovers first team then he won't be any good for us.

Wise words. The fact that it appears that Hughton isn't that keen on loans suggests to me that this isn't a panicked, last minute deal and that CH sees something that will be benificial to the team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Here's a thought

How about we trust the manager's judgement? If Hughton thinks he's a good addition to the squad that's good enough for me.

Or do we still believe that nonsense that the manager doesn't have the final decision on transfers?

Or another bit of nonsense that the club leaving everything to the last minute is the sole reason we haven't picked up a Messi?

Too many people on here seem to think that just because they are good at Football Manager or whatever it's called - I have no idea - they know better than the man whose job it is to make these decisions.

I suspect if we looked back at NSC when an unknown kid called Zamora arrived on loan we'd find people saying if he can't get into Bristol Rovers first team then he won't be any good for us.

I don't think being disappointed with a signing is questioning the manager who is limited by what is available, but with us riding high at the top, it is slightly underwhelming to find the only option we have is a player who can't get in the Wolves side. Since we got to the Amex, I can't really think of a short term loan that's had anything like a really positive impact – and we do kind of need a positive impact right now.

Perhaps he is just cover basically to get us through to January, which is fine. For all you know Hughton might be just as underwhelmed that this is the only player he can bring in until January. Who knows.

Lets hope that a bit of time away from his parent club lights his fire!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I don't think being disappointed with a signing is questioning the manager who is limited by what is available, but with us riding high at the top, it is slightly underwhelming to find the only option we have is a player who can't get in the Wolves side. Since we got to the Amex, I can't really think of a short term loan that's had anything like a really positive impact – and we do kind of need a positive impact right now.

Perhaps he is just cover basically to get us through to January, which is fine. For all you know Hughton might be just as underwhelmed that this is the only player he can bring in until January. Who knows.

Lets hope that a bit of time away from his parent club lights his fire!

Wasn't Conway initially short term? He was quality.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
No. What is this soapy tit wink of which you speak ?

An all time classic thread.

Careful posting screen shots kids ...............

Soapy.jpg

A bit blurred - but you can see the previous Search left on the screen ..........

Get to it from here.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
'Have the odd good game but overall infuriating' is the Wolves fan feedback I've had. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We do need another winger that can cross. I think this signing may be just what the doctor ordered for Hemed, who's had terrible service since Lua Lua got crocked.

I'm pleased with this signing.

Terrible service? do you really think so? I have to admit that the crosses coming in for him from the flanks haven't been particularly brilliant, but he has still been given, and missed, a lot of chances of late.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Is it possible that CH knows a little bit more about what players will be good for the club than some of the utter PLUMS on here?

No. Whatever gave you the impression that this is the case, everyone knows that NSC is over-run with football managers.. Good name for a football team though..The NSC Plums

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps he doesnt suit their style of play or their play doesnt suit him either way I think it is a positive signing.
It's only for a month. May or may not work out, but either way we've got nothing to lose except a few weeks (probably not astronomical) wages.

Yoda

English & European
Baffling signing! Can't get in wolves team - smacks of last seasons signings - thank god we got Wilson in!

Until LuaLua is fit (which will be God knows when the way it's going) and Rosenior covering at left back, it doesn't leave us many options out wide. If Solly or Murphy get injured (quite likely with Solly with his track record) it only leaves us with Manu as current cover for the wings. Yes we have Harper, but is he fully ready yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here