Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raith Rovers and David Goodwillie

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
If in a subsequent criminal case he was found not guilty where would that the civil conviction?
I have no dog in this fight I just find the situation unsatisfactory and as another poster suggested can 2 drunk people rape each other?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
If in a subsequent criminal case he was found not guilty where would that the civil conviction?
I have no dog in this fight I just find the situation unsatisfactory and as another poster suggested can 2 drunk people rape each other?

Then he would be not be guilty of rape beyond reasonable doubt but would be guilty on the balance of probabilities.

It would be hard to think of a situation in which two people simultaneously consent to have sex with each other and at the same time don't.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Then he would be not be guilty of rape beyond reasonable doubt but would be guilty on the balance of probabilities.

It would be hard to think of a situation in which two people simultaneously consent to have sex with each other and at the same time don't.

Point 1.
Surely if found not guilty by a jury unanimously he is therefore not guilty.

Point 2.
Point taken.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

There wouldn’t be a criminal case, unless compelling new evidence was discovered .

2 drunk people could not rape each other , because actually each trying to achieve sexual Congress would imply consent, pretty obviously.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
There wouldn’t be a criminal case, unless compelling new evidence was discovered .

2 drunk people could not rape each other , because actually each trying to achieve sexual Congress would imply consent, pretty obviously.

Yet both too drunk to make a reasonable decision…..

Just thinking through the terminology used to make civil conviction.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yet both too drunk to make a reasonable decision…..

Just thinking through the terminology used to make civil conviction.

Technically you could make the lawful argument that yes - both could be guilty of offences in that situation. A female can’t actually commit rape although the equivalent she could.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I reported one on twitter 2 days ago for making 4 separate tweets calling Bissouma a rapist. I've had the usual reply from twitter this morning saying he hasn't broken their rules. There, in a nutshell, is why there is so much toxic stuff on social media.

I've done the same before and had the same response. Just got to keep doing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here