Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Raheem Sterling

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will go down as one of the most underrated England players in recent years, alongside Emile Heskey.

His movement is phenomenal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Looks like he will be joining Chelsea for around £60m. Fantastic news that he is staying in the PL, would be a big loss to the PL if he moved abroad. Man City's loss is very much Chelsea's gain, they're getting his peak years.

The weird thing is, it isn't necessarily incorrect, let alone ludicrous*, just because it's you posting.

*Consequently, it lacks a cutting comedic edge.

Did people laugh when you said you wanted to be a comedian? :wink:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So sad to hear that he is surplus to requirements at Chelsea and they are willing to listen to offers in excess of £55m for him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Potter was quoted from an interview on Talk Sport as I drove home just now moaning about Chelsea's scattergun recruitment policy and the number of people involved in the transfer strategy. Simon Jordan said he didn't even understand what point he was trying to make. I did - " we are signing too many players and our squad is going to be enormous, how do I fit 30 plus players into the team when the injured players come back?" was what I understood reading between the lines

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Potter was quoted from an interview on Talk Sport as I drove home just now moaning about Chelsea's scattergun recruitment policy and the number of people involved in the transfer strategy. Simon Jordan said he didn't even understand what point he was trying to make. I did - " we are signing too many players and our squad is going to be enormous, how do I fit 30 plus players into the team when the injured players come back?" was what I understood reading between the lines
Scattergun policy is spot on, 100% accurate. Good job Boehly has stood down - now is the time to stop grabbing all the most exensive players just because they look ike bright and shiny toys. The big thing for Chelsea is off-loading players, not grabbing more new ones.

Here's hoping Chelsea don't get the message, and make an unholy mess by over-ruling Potter and Winstanley!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think there is any need to read between the lines, it's obvious for all to see shirley, that whilst Chelsea are busy hoovering up many of the world's top footballing talent, they aren't letting any of their current squad go.

Who knows what Boehly's philosophy is. Does Potter? probably not.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Scattergun policy is spot on, 100% accurate. Good job Boehly has stood down - now is the time to stop grabbing all the most exensive players just because they look ike bright and shiny toys. The big thing for Chelsea is off-loading players, not grabbing more new ones.

Here's hoping Chelsea don't get the message, and make an unholy mess by over-ruling Potter and Winstanley!
If l were Potter and Winstanley, (or any of the Albion entourage who joined them), l'd be asking myself one simple question, what am l doing here? It seems to be the chairman who is making the decisions on recruitment, with the coaches having very little input at all.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If l were Potter and Winstanley, (or any of the Albion entourage who joined them), l'd be asking myself one simple question, what am l doing here? It seems to be the chairman who is making the decisions on recruitment, with the coaches having very little input at all.
They will have one simple answer to your one simple question. "getting paid 10 times what I was at Brighton".

Do you really think Potter et al are at all concerned by Boehly and the transfer policy? They left for the money and succeed or fail, the money they will get.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I mean, this was always going to be the issue, right? Potter always said his ideal squad size was 20-22 players because then you have a really lean group, all focused on the job at hand.

As I mentioned on the Trossard thread, they currently have about 9 attacking midfielders and they keep adding more! It'll be interesting to see whether Potter, Winstanley and MacCauley can influence their approach to build a more balanced squad of talented ex-Brighton players or persist with their "Who's name is mentioned most on the BBC website so throw stupid money at them" one

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They will have one simple answer to your one simple question. "getting paid 10 times what I was at Brighton".

Do you really think Potter et al are at all concerned by Boehly and the transfer policy? They left for the money and succeed or fail, the money they will get.
Yes of coursae it's all about the money, but so sad that money overruns even a man's integrity, lets face it none of those involved were hardly poorly paid in the first place.

I just get the feeling that promises were made to Potter, that aren't being kept. Still, it isn't our worry any more is it?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So sad to hear that he is surplus to requirements at Chelsea and they are willing to listen to offers in excess of £55m for him.
Yeah yeah yeah, very sad, tragedy etc. Anyway enough of that, I see from your strapline you're now officially bisexual. Fair play to you. How did that go down with Mrs Crodo? (And Polly).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

More like 6 times, I believe.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bit bonkers. i can understand he might not fit Potter's style at first, shirley he can coach him to fit? or is he simply the most saleable of their collection of attacking forwards?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I mean, this was always going to be the issue, right? Potter always said his ideal squad size was 20-22 players because then you have a really lean group, all focused on the job at hand.

As I mentioned on the Trossard thread, they currently have about 9 attacking midfielders and they keep adding more! It'll be interesting to see whether Potter, Winstanley and MacCauley can influence their approach to build a more balanced squad of talented ex-Brighton players or persist with their "Who's name is mentioned most on the BBC website so throw stupid money at them" one
Agree except about the bit about 'ex-Brighton players' - hands off!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Can't really believe it, one of the most talented English players but struggling for form at the mo. Why is Potter detemined to turn him into a wing back, mad. Solly has blossomed since he's reverted to attacker even though he is also very good defensively.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A considerable number of very highly paid players are surplus to requirements at Chelsea! The hard job will be unloading some of them - Chelsea overpaid for many of them so won't recoup the money spent on transfers - and I suspect at least some would rather sit on their hands and sit out their highly paid contract than take a pay cut elsewhere - and they're likely to be the rotten apples too!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Raheem Sterling is a good player but not good enough to be the "leading man" in attack in what is trying to be a top 4 team, though he certainly believes so himself. Moaning himself away from Liverpool and then Manchester City and I can easily see GP wanting to get rid of him as well.
Problem is that it will be very difficult to find anyone who wants to pay what Chelsea are currently paying him.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It was always a weird signing for Chelsea. They’ve recruited so desperately poorly. No reason to think Mudryk will be any different.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will go down as one of the most underrated England players in recent years, alongside Emile Heskey.

His movement is phenomenal.
Genuine lols

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Raheem Sterling is a good player but not good enough to be the "leading man" in attack in what is trying to be a top 4 team, though he certainly believes so himself. Moaning himself away from Liverpool and then Manchester City and I can easily see GP wanting to get rid of him as well.
Problem is that it will be very difficult to find anyone who wants to pay what Chelsea are currently paying him.
My thoughts as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here