Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio Turn Offs

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Kermode and Mayo - always my favourite podcast of the week. Not worried about the negative vibes from some contributors on this thread because I know that everything will be alright in the end.

Hello to Jason Issacs:wave:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I have no problem with her, other than the fact that she's not Lauren. Who I completely adore.

100% this. A god like specimen on all fronts and great music, including her hip-hop predilection - I mean who doesn't want to hear the Beastie Boys' Intergalactic or the Rebel MC at 10am on a weekday morning - Bring. It. On.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Can I please broach the subject of Fighting Talk on 5 Live?

The most self-indulgent, blokish, uninspired and unfunny radio programme that's ever been commissioned. And then commissioned again. And then again. And again. And again ...

Confess I quite like this although it depends who is in it. I'm going off Colin Murray a bit since he's returned from TalkSport and I cannot stand it when he SHOUTS.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So right [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION], Radio X is old Radio 1 in all its sanctimonious glory, they've totally destroyed the music ethics of the former XFM, where decent music was played with dj's who knew what they were talking about.
As for buglec**t, Modules, pie tester for Gregg's in the making :)

Modules appears as Moyles on my crap kindle keyboard :shootself

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm quite surprised no-one has mentioned Stephen Nolan and his late evening R5L slots.

Yes, he can be very good BUT I just hate it when he gets some tragic or traumatised person on and uses overly long and very painful silences to make sure his victim truly breaks down - just ****ing say something Stephen rather than reducing them to a sobbing wreck..

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The man is a total idiot, but beaten by a huge margin by Katie Hopkins.
What the hell is LBC doing putting this cockroach of a woman on the air and paying her.
I once dared myself to listen to her for a whole programme, I failed and switched off after 15 minutes, impossible to listen to.

She was on the Jeremy Vine show recently. An odious, vile, oxygen thief who would make the world a better place simply by not being on it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Love almost all 6 Music but Laverne and Matthews, whilst playing some top notch music, are highly irritating as presenters. Nemone can do one too.

HERESY! She's a goddess. Great music knowledge, funny, clever and bloody gorgeous.....

001db19a-c4f6-4258-8ce2-a21988369448-653x367.jpg

:love:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
To be bwutal Bwian, anyone who listens to R2 deserves all....

I know but it does have 1 thing going for it and that is it is almost a hip hop/c rap free zone. I don't have DAB availability everywhere so...

It is very difficult finding any station (fm) that I can put on and leave. Even 6 Music gets the elbow quite often.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here