Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racism And The Cumberbatch Conundrum

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And so you should , I wouldn't have any problem with that at all, my sister lives in France and is married to a Frenchman, she encourages her kids to cheer for England when on to etc, but I'm not naive enough to think they are going to be anything but French mainly, but i know people half Filipino, half Italian both born and brought up here, both support Italy and one active supports anyone playing England, absolutely ****ing crazy.

You're not naive enough to think they are going to be anything but French mainly….. Why would you even think anything else!? Where does naivety even come into it?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You're not naive enough to think they are going to be anything but French mainly….. Why would you even think anything else!? Where does naivety even come into it?

because they've got an English mother , naïveté comes into it if you think that there aren't people out there who would influence their children over nationality.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
because they've got an English mother , naïveté comes into it if you think that there aren't people out there who would influence their children over nationality.

So they may well grow up feeling mostly English, mainly French, equally both, or European or whatever. Where is the naivety?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So they may well grow up feeling mostly English, mainly French, equally both, or European or whatever. Where is the naivety?

Because some people may naively think that because my sister speaks English to them and encourages them to appreciate their English heritage that cultural influences from both parents would take equal root and they'd grow up feeling equally split between both nationalities, however I am not naive enough to think that the prevailing French culture will take greater hold, happy ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unless you're a f@cking rainbow why would you want to be called coloured? It's not middle class guilt (I grew up in Whitehawk) it's black people's preference. I suspect if they went around calling us pinkys we would soon pipe up. As for the comment about John Barns, people saying he should play for Jamaica were probably intending to be racists, those saying the same about Sterling a probably doing so from a more enlightened perspective. Its really not that difficult to respect others and their wishes is it ???
They don't call us pinkys because 'whitey' and 'honkey' are both available (and used) as terms of abuse.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Really Bushy? I realise your experience of being the only person on NSC ever to have lived in London, but lets face it, you now live in the ethnically diverse dorp of Haywards Heath. What are the people of Haywards Heath doing in the evenings that would differ from say, the Czech Republic?
Go to France, Germany, Spain, Austria, Portugal...anywhere in Europe...
You will see young men dressed as American hiphop gangsters. Skateboarders. You will see the same fast food restaurants. You will see people going to see the same films at the cinemas, going out to eat in ethnic restaurants, watching the same sports, going to bars. Basically, doing the same shit as everybody else.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The term 'people of colour' dreamed up in the USA, home of the euphemism, is an absurd crime against the language. Presumably the rest of us are merely featureless albinos.

Shurely the Daily Mail's scream of outrage surely needs urgent modernising: "It's political correctness gone advanced learning difficulties."

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
People and some teachers are over sensitive on these issues.
My sons best friend a couple of years ago was from South Africa and would take the mickey out of my son about having scones for afternoon tea, walking the dog every Sunday afternoon and then washing the family car.
My son asked if he had come over here on his elephant when he arrived. Two 13 year boys having a bit of banter. The other lad is white - although I didn't think that mattered - but my son was reprimanded for making racist comments. I did speak to the school who remained adamant that those sort of comments were not to be encouraged.
So, was that a racist statement ? If it was I f*****g give up.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
People and some teachers are over sensitive on these issues.
My sons best friend a couple of years ago was from South Africa and would take the mickey out of my son about having scones for afternoon tea, walking the dog every Sunday afternoon and then washing the family car.
My son asked if he had come over here on his elephant when he arrived. Two 13 year boys having a bit of banter. The other lad is white - although I didn't think that mattered - but my son was reprimanded for making racist comments. I did speak to the school who remained adamant that those sort of comments were not to be encouraged.
So, was that a racist statement ? If it was I f*****g give up.

awaits accusations you have invented this story :(

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Really Bushy? I realise your experience of being the only person on NSC ever to have lived in London, but lets face it, you now live in the ethnically diverse dorp of Haywards Heath. What are the people of Haywards Heath doing in the evenings that would differ from say, the Czech Republic?
Go to France, Germany, Spain, Austria, Portugal...anywhere in Europe...
You will see young men dressed as American hiphop gangsters. Skateboarders. You will see the same fast food restaurants. You will see people going to see the same films at the cinemas, going out to eat in ethnic restaurants, watching the same sports, going to bars. Basically, doing the same shit as everybody else.

So you're trying to tell me that Europe and Europeans are basically one big homogenous culture with very little differences between nationalities , yes ? I knew you were stupid , but you've just confirmed quite what level of idiot you really are.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im crushed you think so Bushy.
I realised some considerable time ago that you were a arse-spangle. I win.
You forgot to explain the differences between an evening in Haywards Heath, and for example, an evening in Zizkov. Tell me about those cultural differences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here