Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] R 'n' B nonce jailed...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isn't it strange how these American Rapping Gentlemen dont behave like Gentlemen?

Yeah or rock & roll folk, or house / techno DJs … etc. the problem is a set of men who abuse their position of power , influence. Not because of a genre or whatever

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why? It's a fair question.

Where do you stand on the music of Chuck Berry (paedo, armed robbery), Elvis (paedo), Jerry Lee Leis (paedo, attempted murder), James Brown (wide beater), Morrisey (everything), John Lennon (wife beater)?

And plenty of allegations around Bowie

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Why? It's a fair question.

Where do you stand on the music of Chuck Berry (paedo, armed robbery), Elvis (paedo), Jerry Lee Leis (paedo, attempted murder), James Brown (wide beater), Morrisey (everything), John Lennon (wife beater)?

Are Peter's & Lee and Perry Como OK ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yeah or rock & roll folk, or house / techno DJs … etc. the problem is a set of men who abuse their position of power , influence. Not because of a genre or whatever

Hmm, can’t remember too many shootings, murders, criminals in the classical or easy listening genres. Practically a full graveyard by comparison for American r&b, rap etc. I wonder why?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Unfortunately sings some classic funeral tunes, Worlds Greatest, I believe I can fly and If could turn back the hands of time, now sadly lost from the Crem and Cemetery set list forever......

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hmm, can’t remember too many shootings, murders, criminals in the classical or easy listening genres. Practically a full graveyard by comparison for American r&b, rap etc. I wonder why?

What has shootings or murder got to do with R Kelly ?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Isn't it strange how these American Rapping Gentlemen dont behave like Gentlemen?

:ffsparr:

Thank god British *insert musical genre* gentlemen don't behave like this.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Why? Jakarta has a point.

No, he doesn’t.

Musicians of all genres & from all countries have been known to commit horrendous crimes. In fact why just stop at different types of music? We know the same applies to every form of media. Kevin Spacey and Jimmy Saville being two fairly recent and very publicised examples.

Unless of course what you actually mean “Is why do rappers often come from a background where gang violence is more prominent than in the general population?” Because if that’s what you’re asking them we can go in to the socio-political reasons as to why. Although judging from this post:

I’m guessing the answer you want to hear but don’t have the bollocks to say is “because they’re black”

:thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Americans give out proper sentences...

The U.S. releases over 7 million people from jail and more than 600,000 people from prison each year. However, recidivism is common. Within 3 years of their release, 2 out of 3 people are rearrested and more than 50% are incarcerated again.

Sauce: https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/...ears of their,than 50% are incarcerated again.

Norway:

Norway has one of the lowest recidivism rates in the world at about 20 percent. 5 It has more highly secured prisons compared to some of the other Scandinavian countries, yet still maintains normalcy within its prison system.

Sauce: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-48885846

Norway is also widely seen as one of the "softest" nations when it comes to "punishment" in "crime and punishment".

In short, long sentences are appropriate for serious crimes no matter where you are in the world. It is about how these people are rehabilitated and educated which determines crime rates amongst themselves and their peers, not the length of sentence alone.

Punitive action only goes so far, and whilst it's necessary and appropriate for people to be punished for crimes with lengthy custodial sentences - especially those as serious as in this case - using the American justice system as the ideal doesn't hold up.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No, he doesn’t.

Musicians of all genres & from all countries have been known to commit horrendous crimes. In fact why just stop at different types of music? We know the same applies to every form of media. Kevin Spacey and Jimmy Saville being two fairly recent and very publicised examples.

Unless of course what you actually mean “Is why do rappers often come from a background where gang violence is more prominent than in the general population?” Because if that’s what you’re asking them we can go in to the socio-political reasons as to why. Although judging from this post:

I’m guessing the answer you want to hear but don’t have the bollocks to say is “because they’re black”

:thumbsup:

You seem to have missed the obvious ie rappers who glorify gang culture, violence, drugs etc. Nothing to do with skin colour. They have huge white audiences.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If ever there was a case of 'because I can' this is it.

Hopefully the mantra will soon become 'because you can't'.

Oh, and [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION], no it isn't just the women abusers who get jail time.

come on H , plenty of big names involved in Epstiens little menage, she's just a stool pigeon for them .

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You seem to have missed the obvious ie rappers who glorify gang culture, violence, drugs etc. Nothing to do with skin colour. They have huge white audiences.

I didn’t miss it, I ignored it because it’s entirely irrelevant.

Unless of course we’re going to start demonising directors who dare to feature ‘gang culture, violence, drugs etc’. But they haven’t committed any crimes by talking about them either so…

:shrug:

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I didn’t miss it, I ignored it because it’s entirely irrelevant.

Unless of course we’re going to start demonising directors who dare to feature ‘gang culture, violence, drugs etc’. But they haven’t committed any crimes by talking about them either so…

:shrug:

No it's not irrelevant. 'Featuring' something is not same as promoting it.

Let us hope this horrible mans fate does send a message to the Rap Community about their attitude to women (or Ho's as I believe is the generic term)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here