Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P. The Jungle

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yahoo&defid=2456321

'Australian slang word meaning uncouth lout. ... Yahoo is an uneducated person with a backwoods mentality.'

You do know what the Aussie government approach to boat people refugees is, right? Sub-contract with extreme prejudice the 'problem' to Papua New Guinea. Zero tolerance, even for babies. If the First World wasn't watching, they'd almost certainly just sink the boats and let the sharks do the rest.

Just like the Indonesian Government does on the quiet.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So,because of the actions of one immigrant in Austria, we shouldn't let any children into our country seeking asylum?

Its just one of many reasons, for me you shouldn't be rewarded asylum status based on your financial or physical circumstance beyond say the real wretched souls, women, children and babies that quite reasonably stayed with their family at the very first point of safety, it only encourages many more to continue moving at an unustainable rate to Europe with the inevitable calls of us taking 'our quota'.

Why would you support those from Calaise ahead of say African children that we have known for generations are dieing from war, malnutrition and disease, why save your humanitarian credentials for those living in France, why not scoop up 10 000's of African families ahead of those you pruport to support., at what stage do you accept that those worthy of help, support and sympathy are worldwide and unsustainable for our small island.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
But France is where they are. Why are they coming from France to the UK? Are they not safe there?

Whether their asylum status is legitimate or not is not the issue.

My question was whether the poster was suggesting that the actions of one man should mean no children should be allowed in.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Perhaps the authorities of Brighton & Hove should offer to house several thousand as a humanitarian gesture. I am sure the residents would like that.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Its just one of many reasons, for me you shouldn't be rewarded asylum status based on your financial or physical circumstance beyond say the real wretched souls, women, children and babies that quite reasonably stayed with their family at the very first point of safety, it only encourages many more to continue moving at an unustainable rate to Europe with the inevitable calls of us taking 'our quota'.

Why would you support those from Calaise ahead of say African children that we have known for generations are dieing from war, malnutrition and disease, why save your humanitarian credentials for those living in France, why not scoop up 10 000's of African families ahead of those you pruport to support., at what stage do you accept that those worthy of help, support and sympathy are worldwide and unsustainable for our small island.

Again, all of that is irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here