Quiz question for Albion fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Who is, and always will be, the first away team to win a league game at the Amex?

Just for you BHA Express and your constant 'Palace are crap' jibes. Our home-grown kids smashed you.

Carry on - it's a lovely day.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
That may well be but we'll see where things are when the dust settles in May. We'll STILL be above you and hopefully in the playoffs!

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Enjoy it Pauline, This will only make us stronger! We're on the up just a wee setback on the road to Glory. In Gus we trust

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can I answer Paulie. These plastic boys don't seem to know?
I'm afraid we do.

We're still a comfortable 4 points clear of you though, which only goes to show how f***ing shit you are, and therefore what disappointment it was.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I'm afraid we do.

We're still a comfortable 4 points clear of you though, which only goes to show how f***ing shit you are, and therefore what disappointment it was.

Really? Are we? Just another plastic who must have left before we smashed in 3 goals.

I thought you were one of the knowledgeable ones after 27,000 posts. Maybe not.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just IMAGINE if you woke up in the morning, saw the sun streaming through the curtains, stood up, stretched, thought 'Last night was fantastic' and then opened the curtains to see CROYDON.

That really MUST be shit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Really? Are we? Just another plastic who must have left before we smashed in 3 goals.

I thought you were one of the knowledgeable ones after 27,000 posts. Maybe not.
Er, yes. You have 13 points, we have 17 points.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Er, yes. You have 13 points, we have 17 points.

Yes I know. But does that make us shit? Probably less shit than Doncaster, Cov and BC. And not shit enough that you can beat us at the fortress.

You probably are better than us and will end up higher. But the assumpiton on here that (1) we are relegation certs and (2) you'd smash us last night is misguided, as was your prematch arrogance (ie will it be 5-0?, will the announcer say that the bars are fully stocked?). Getting ahead of yourself.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought at the beginning of the season that Brighton, Southampton and Palace would be in the run in for the play-offs. Mainly because of one decent striker in their case.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes I know. But does that make us shit? Probably less shit than Doncaster, Cov and BC. And not shit enough that you can beat us at the fortress.

You probably are better than us and will end up higher. But the assumpiton on here that (1) we are relegation certs and (2) you'd smash us last night is misguided, as was your prematch arrogance (ie will it be 5-0?, will the announcer say that the bars are fully stocked?). Getting ahead of yourself.

There were also plenty of comments that you were several points better than your league position showed, had been unlucky in other games, and were a great bet at 9-2 in a derby (I'm sure some of you hoovered up there as well).

I'm totally gutted today, but I feared the worst as soon as I saw Zaha, Murray and Scannell as the front three. Where was Jermaine Easter when we needed him...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Palace played well after half and hour, but to a certain extent we beat ourselves.

And the first league team to win at the Amex really doesn't mean anything to me. I don't know about the others? Had we not lost to Spurs and Liverpool and it been our first defeat overall then maybe it might have meant more. But as it is, I really couldn't give a toss over that stat. Far more gutting is how we capitulated.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
There were also plenty of comments that you were several points better than your league position showed, had been unlucky in other games, and were a great bet at 9-2 in a derby (I'm sure some of you hoovered up there as well).

I'm totally gutted today, but I feared the worst as soon as I saw Zaha, Murray and Scannell as the front three. Where was Jermaine Easter when we needed him...

Fair enough - I've been arguing since the close season that we've a decent core and may avoid our annual relegation battle this time. That's what I'm saying, against the rubbish spouted by one Bromley-based poster on here.

That said, the progress of Scannell, Zaha and Williams has even surprised me.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Who is, and always will be, the first away team to win a league game at the Amex?

Just for you BHA Express and your constant 'Palace are crap' jibes. Our home-grown kids smashed you.

Who was, and always will be, the first away team to win a league game a Selhurst?

Dunno, and frankly don't care. It's not a very exciting piece of information.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

Were still above you in the League.

Jog on ****

boroeagle

Aug 20, 2009
Just IMAGINE if you woke up in the morning, saw the sun streaming through the curtains, stood up, stretched, thought 'Last night was fantastic' and then opened the curtains to see CROYDON.

That really MUST be shit.

Imagine the joy of opening the curtains, and seeing Moulescombe!!! Makes Croydon look like Monaco!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports