Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quincy Owusu Abeyie

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Am I right in thinking McGhee wants him on loan when Arsenal go out of the carling cup?Looks like we're going to miss out on another striker then.

Queens Park Rangers have asked Arsenal about the availability of Dutch starlet Quincy Owusu-Abeyie.

The 18-year-old has yet to make a Premiership appearance for the champions, but he has impressed in the Carling Cup over the past two seasons.

QPR already have American Frankie Simek on loan from Highbury and they had been hoping to add Owusu-Abeyie.

However, chairman Bill Power admits it is unlikely after Owusu-Abeyie scored and starred against Everton earlier this month.

"We were interested but I wouldn't have thought we will get him after his performance in the cup the other night," said Power.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I dont think Liam and him are related either - for a start the're different colours:salute: :salute:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
QPR, hands off. We saw him first !!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Signing him on loan would be great... we mustn't let Hollowhead and co beat us to the punch...

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
If it all depends on when Arsenal go out of the cup.....well, what happens if they don't? It is not really the most definite arrangement and we would be better looking for someone whoh is available now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mentioned in the Evening Standard - would you chose QPR or us ?

Bear in mind he lives in London :nono: :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
Mentioned in the Evening Standard - would you chose QPR or us ?

Bear in mind he lives in London :nono: :nono:

Leon had the same choice. (yes, I know Coppell came into the equation then)

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
We don't want him, how the hell could we make a song up for that name ? How do pronounce it ? Bet not to many would have his name on the back of their shirt.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
oapdodge said:
We don't want him, how the hell could we make a song up for that name ? How do pronounce it ? Bet not to many would have his name on the back of their shirt.

Precisely too many letters :lolol: :lolol:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I like long names. I don't think it makes him any less likely to be a quality player.

After all, they all laughed at Christopher Columbus, when he said the world was round. And what about Edison, when he recorded sound?

Who'll have the last laugh...?

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
oapdodge said:
See the other thread about singing the quincy theme tune! And not many people would get a loan signings name on their shirt anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here