Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick Broadband Question

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
My folks have the Sky TV Broadband package which claims you can get up to 20mb. Well I'm no computer whizz but I just did a speed test and their download speed was 0.13mb the first time and 0.11mb the second. This seems shit as fook to me.

Also as domestic users shouldn't our download speed be more than our upload speed? The upload speed was 0.26mb and 0.51mb.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sounds f***ed, are they using long extention leads, and are microfilters on each phone socket ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup doesn't sound too good.

They claim to give you up to 20mb, but realistically you will be hard pushed to ever get that unless you're right next to an exchange.

5-10mb wouldn't be too far off the mark if 20mb is the max. 0.13mb is appalling.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
i would phone them and get them to do a test,you should at least get 5mb.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Contact Sky , they will need to alter the profile , my BB with TalkTalk dropped to 1mb from 5mb due to DLM (dynamic line management) deciding to intervene in the local exchange.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My folks have the Sky TV Broadband package which claims you can get up to 20mb. Well I'm no computer whizz but I just did a speed test and their download speed was 0.13mb the first time and 0.11mb the second. This seems shit as fook to me.

Also as domestic users shouldn't our download speed be more than our upload speed? The upload speed was 0.26mb and 0.51mb.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Are you confusing Megabytes (MB) with Megabits (Mb)? A massive difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here