Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quick bit of advice re. Mithras/Cockroft please

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
All,

Just after a quick bit of advice. I'm going to give the Mithras/Cockroft P&R a go tonight. What's your experience/tips of using this site ? I will get there for when it opens (5.30pm). How is the Lewes Road at this time, what's it like afterwards, is one side of the Lewes Road better than the other ? Etc

Many thanks,

N.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
They've been saying to avoid Mithras for the past few games but it's been perfectly fine. The car park never fills up so get there when you want and the roadworks are causing/have caused no issues whatsoever.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
They've been saying to avoid Mithras for the past few games but it's been perfectly fine. The car park never fills up so get there when you want and the roadworks are causing/have caused no issues whatsoever.

Cheers. And I take it it's six of one and half a dozen of the other re. Mithras v Cockroft ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Stand corrected. My colleague said he took a hell of a long tim on the way back in last game?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
On the way back it has always taken a while to be honest. I assumed the OP was talking about getting there

Stand corrected. My colleague said he took a hell of a long tim on the way back in last game?

Yes, thanks both. I was mainly talking about getting there, but it's good to know that afterwards is a pain. I take it that it's slow getting out of the ground and on to the A27, or is it busy all the way down the Lewes Road back to the sites ?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its slower going in from Mithras house and if you go that way get on a 25 on the way in (same bus stop) because they drop you off at the university where you can walk over and this cuts off the slow crawl into the AMEX bus park.

I use the Racecourse when getting the P&R, takes a few minutes longer sometimes on the way in because the Falmer Road can get congested on match day, but its the quickest way to get away from the stadium, of all the P&R. I assume this is because it seems to be the least used and you tend to get on a bus pretty fast both ways.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Its slower going in from Mithras house and if you go that way get on a 25 on the way in (same bus stop) because they drop you off at the university where you can walk over and this cuts off the slow crawl into the AMEX bus park.

I use the Racecourse when getting the P&R, takes a few minutes longer sometimes on the way in because the Falmer Road can get congested on match day, but its the quickest way to get away from the stadium, of all the P&R. I assume this is because it seems to be the least used and you tend to get on a bus pretty fast both ways.

Thanks, great tip re. the 25. Are there buses that start at Cockroft and thus avoid the giratory, or do all the buses start at Mithras and then go round to Cockroft ?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thanks, great tip re. the 25. Are there buses that start at Cockroft and thus avoid the giratory, or do all the buses start at Mithras and then go round to Cockroft ?

All come via the Vouge i'm afraid, its worth walking up towards Saunders park/Vouge Giratory to get a space onboard the buses, plus they have a departure board at the stop, all depending on your arrival time, I find an hour before its easy any later it starts becoming a squeeze.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Always use Mithras House, never that bad. Heavy but moving traffic into town, that's all. Causes delays to P&R buses so as above, get a 25 to the University.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

If you mean which side of the road do buses start from then the answer is both, but most people cross over to get on the Cockroft side to avoid having to go round the gyratory. As a regular user of Mithras House i very rarely use the P&R buses. I always try & use the bus stop outside Cockroft to get a 25/28/29 bus and get off at the Uni, only because it is so tedious crawling up the slip road and round to the ground. Likewise after the match I usually head for the bus stop outside Falmer station on the A27 and get a 25/28/29 back to Mithras. Just be careful you don't get a limited stop 28/29 as they don't stop at Mithras but stop 100 Yds before or after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here