Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions for Dick Knight

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Why does the club not have £500k for McKenzie?

The freeded-up BZs wages would surely cover McKenzie's personal demands and didn't we just get £1m? No other financial circumstances at the club will also have changed in the last week surely... so were these obligations not under control or incorrectly planned for and budgeted? If this money has been spent on Falmer, then what has happened to the six years work of project financing?

What has the money been spent on instead of being made available to Coppell (500k is still only half the transfer fee we just received - and supposing the delayed payments scenario - why can't we simply do the same with Peterborough?)

If the playing budget has already been negotiated can it not be changed, as we either didn't account for additional funds or some money was anticipated from the sale of BZ and therefore seems not to have been channeled towards squad strengthening!

Dick, I know you're a true supporter and saved the club but I need to know if Falmer, which still seems like a good-case scenario, is you're one hand at keeping us afloat.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK, here is another question... why doesn't Sir Stevie now have an ADDITIONAL £500k for squad strengthening?... whether Stevie likes the look of Leon or not is irrelevant... half the net Zammo proceeds to go to team strengthening is not an unreasonable expectation IMHO...

Dick - enough is enough - get your cheque book out, or don't you want us to compete for promotion again?... as you said today, let's start looking forward...

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Don't you guys actually read anything? The budget was worked out with the BZ money already allowed for. The money, as far as I understand it, is needed primarily for the Falmer Inquiry. It is a total drain on what money we have - I can't believe you don't get that simple fact. Neither can DK be sure how much is needed for Falmer in future, so he has to be careful. At the end of the day, Falmer is a hell of a lot more important to this club than whether we get promotion this year or not. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Personally, I still believe we'll get both, because we are the mighty BHAFC, not some pikey or northern scum. But we will see...

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Re: Re: Questions for Dick Knight

As said earlier, Falmer inquiry = endless drain cos of greedy posh git wanker QCs with new mercs earning 2k an hour + therefore no money

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rich Suvner said:
Why does the club not have £500k for McKenzie?

The freeded-up BZs wages would surely cover McKenzie's personal demands and didn't we just get £1m? No other financial circumstances at the club will also have changed in the last week surely... so were these obligations not under control or incorrectly planned for and budgeted? If this money has been spent on Falmer, then what has happened to the six years work of project financing?

What has the money been spent on instead of being made available to Coppell (500k is still only half the transfer fee we just received - and supposing the delayed payments scenario - why can't we simply do the same with Peterborough?)

If the playing budget has already been negotiated can it not be changed, as we either didn't account for additional funds or some money was anticipated from the sale of BZ and therefore seems not to have been channeled towards squad strengthening!

Dick, I know you're a true supporter and saved the club but I need to know if Falmer, which still seems like a good-case scenario, is you're one hand at keeping us afloat.

ARRRRRGHHH, I just cannot BELIEVE this post.
Can I just get something straight here Rich ? Given the choice, would you SERIOUSLY want the club to spend half a million quid on ONE PLAYER ? Leon Mackenzie or anyone else for that matter ?

Lets have a little reality check here. We are playing in front of 7,000 fans at a rented athletics track, with crippling overheads, and are in the midst of an enormously costly Public Enquiry in an attempt to secure the very future of the club. And you want to blow HALF A MILLION QUID on a striker who's hardly played above D2 level ?

I only thank christ that someone like you is not in charge at the Albion. This has to be one of the most moronic posts I have seen on this board. Are you, by chance, the chairman of Oldham Athletic ?

Sorry to be harsh, but crap like this really winds me up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here