Question Time match day thread: 3rd December

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If all Green candidates were like Caroline Lucas, they'd have a majority inside about three terms. She is by far and away the most competent MP on tonight.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry mate, but I thought she was going to start blubbing at having Jezza's credentials questioned. There's still time

i know you meant no harm but any reminder that those two were in a relationship and well, thats a very powerful image to remove from your head. So we need to be careful when discussing. That's all ;)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
i know you meant no harm but any reminder that those two were in a relationship and well, thats a very powerful image to remove from your head. So we need to be careful when discussing. That's all ;)

Quite agree, that image and having cheese before bed is a recipe for horrific nightmares...... i can see myself being attacked by a badly cut syrup.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Everything she says is lost on me
All i can think about is who the frack cuts her hair

Err. you realise that like many Afro-Caribbean women of her age she wears a wig...

I can't bear her political views but personally wouldn't criticise her looks

M

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If all Green candidates were like Caroline Lucas, they'd have a majority inside about three terms. She is by far and away the most competent MP on tonight.
I agree, good MP terrible political party.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Once again Newsnight finds a audience 80% from the fairly hard left, how do they do it, week after week..?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Fat bird was useless at dodging questions without making it look obvious! I thought that's all the trained for in the week?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Err. you realise that like many Afro-Caribbean women of her age she wears a wig...

M

See my comment prior to yours, i don't think anybody thinks that it is not a wig, but to purchase a Dave Hill (Slade) type rug and have a hack at it, might lead one to believe she is not playing with a full deck.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite agree, that image and having cheese before bed is a recipe for horrific nightmares...... i can see myself being attacked by a badly cut syrup.

Let's face it, with that combo, you might as well also now start watching Nightmare on Elm Street the box set. You ain't ever going to sleep tonight!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Once again Newsnight finds a audience 80% from the fairly hard left, how do they do it, week after week..?

It is remarkable isn't it? Glad not the only person who thinks this!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

M

There are wigs and then there are wigs

surely she can find one that doesnt look like she had dropped a half drowned poodle on her head.......she looks bonkers before she even opens her mouth(which doesnt help matters)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well, to be fair, she needs to if she's talking to Nicky Morgan.

It's as if the Tories are trying to discredit women politicians with some of the no-hopers they have round the cabinet table AND put up on Question Time - Nicky Morgan, Amber Rudd, Liz Truss, Priti Patel*, Justine Greening: all embarrassments. Labour gets many things wrong (Diane Abbott) but at least they have the nous to put up their most articulate women such as Lisa Nandy on programmes like Daily Politics.

* Her evisceration by Ian Hislop over capital punishment remains an all-time QT highlight.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Is this the best the Tories can offer? Woeful, woeful woeful. Makes Corbyn look competent. Lucas destroyed her in one sentence. Like taking candy from a baby.

The really sad thing is of all the new(ish) Tory frontbench women they put up on Question Time on a revolving door basis she's one of the better ones. She even sometimes says something that isn't on her Tory HQ cheat sheet.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

It was in Brimingham, where Labour MP's fill all three metropolitan seats. Before the last election there were plenty of LD's about. Not so many Tories.

Didn't think it was that bad anyway. Plenty of people spoke up in favour of the bombing. And let's be frank, whatever political standpoint you come from the Tories stewardship of the NHS under Lansley and Hunt has alienated the entire workforce. I don't think you have to be particularly left to recognise that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports