Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time - BBC1 22:45

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Lots of shouting early doors. Whoop whoop.

Nick: I'd sooner have Richard Hammond take me for a Sunday drive than have Corbyn as PM.
Classy comment - not! The fat woman is a right arse. I still can't take any Labour (Stella Crecy) MP criticising a Tory MP about spending, seriously. 3 Blair governments bankrupted us and it's going to take a bit more than 7 years to put that right, especially when most of that time is coalition or minority governments.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The most sensible one seemed to be the Editor of the Economist, she can see the impending slow motion car crash for the UK.

Liam Fox is a worry, clearly in Lala land.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The most sensible one seemed to be the Editor of the Economist, she can see the impending slow motion car crash for the UK.

I thought she was a bit shouty. How did she acquire the name Zanny - her birth name is Susan Jean.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Yes the Economist has an excellent track record predicting impending disaster ..

They expected a contraction of 1% in 2017 (compared with 1.8% growth previously) as a slump in domestic demand pulls the economy into recession. UK GDP is on course to grow 1.9% in 2017. No contraction. No recession.

They forecast the number of those in work to fall by hundreds of thousands. More people are in work than ever…

Predicted that by next year unemployment will rise by 380,000 and GDP will fall by 6% compared to the pre-June 23 ...
:facepalm:

Still if they (like many on here) keep predicting a car crash for the economy year after year they're bound to get it right eventually.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes the Economist has an excellent track record predicting impending disaster ..

They expected a contraction of 1% in 2017 (compared with 1.8% growth previously) as a slump in domestic demand pulls the economy into recession. UK GDP is on course to grow 1.9% in 2017. No contraction. No recession.

They forecast the number of those in work to fall by hundreds of thousands. More people are in work than ever…

Predicted that by next year unemployment will rise by 380,000 and GDP will fall by 6% compared to the pre-June 23 ...
:facepalm:

Still if they (like many on here) keep predicting a car crash for the economy year after year they're bound to get it right eventually.

And she said the Millenium bug would plunge us into new dark age...These modern day Nostradamus's aren't that good are they?!! Like you said, eventually they get 'lucky' by virtue of law of averages. Spike Milligan style!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here