Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] question regarding Train Strike 8th October

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Back off holiday landing at Gatwick at 23.40pm on Saturday 8th October on strike day.
Any train employees know what the 1st train will be going past Gatwick Airport the following day after the strike?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wouldn’t get your hopes up

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Back off holiday landing at Gatwick at 23.40pm on Saturday 8th October on strike day.
Any train employees know what the 1st train will be going past Gatwick Airport the following day after the strike?

I'd book a taxi from your local company. Less stress and guaranteed to get home If your flight is delayed.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Normally there is a late start up the day following the strike, from about 7am onwards, so nothing before then I'd say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd book a taxi from your local company. Less stress and guaranteed to get home If your flight is delayed.

….is the correct answer.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Just checked the southern rail site. No mention of a strike on October 8. So are we expecting no trains, reduced service or the normal every day ‘who knows, it’s southern rail’ service?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Just checked the southern rail site. No mention of a strike on October 8. So are we expecting no trains, reduced service or the normal every day ‘who knows, it’s southern rail’ service?
I hope the club will make an announcement soon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Don't forget Southern Rail is not the issue hence no mention. It's the RMT union members that will cause the problems

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
There is a strike on the 8th, and the guidance from Southern will be the same as the strike on the 1st. It's the exact same strike, I suspect Southern simply haven't mentioned it because there's two strikes before that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought the club have already said game goes ahead?

The game will go ahead, no question about it.

Obviously the strike will prove a nuisance to fans who normally travel to/from the Amex by train, but the problems are insurmountable, the Bridge and University Car Parks will be available, and both Par & Ride sites of course. Plus local bus services and Seagull Travel coaches.

There is almost certainly a way get to and from the game for all local supporters.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The question WILL the game go ahead 8th October has been raised. What I believe is equally important question is SHOULD it go ahead. Sure to some no difference, to others the inconvenience will range from mild to impossible. In answering whether it should I believe its more than car parks available and Seagull travel and considering also away supporters its not an easy yes or no and I honestly believe it goes much deeper. Last season we had several non3pm Saturday KO which for some was unpopular and we have the usual dislike of the trains returning home, the larger question I believe is how many fans will this (with the aforementioned) put off? This season of course we have I believe our best ever start to the season and of course we do not know the impact of GP leaving but should results dip and the travel becomes increasingly a pain how many fans will pick and choose or give it a miss altogether? Remember every club and we are no different here exists and depends on a large percentage of floating fans, those that don't/can't commit to season tickets and/or regular attendance yet they all add up. Many of these fans can of course become STH and regulars in the future. Can 8th October add a cumulative effect to fans turning their backs on games at the Amex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here