Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you take up your allocation of the '+3' ST offer at Falmer, you already KNOW who it is you're going to invite in, what is their status regarding ST they've had or Withdean attendance record?

Some people are upset with the club because there appears to be an assumption that many people will bring along non-fans or JCLs.

You can vote on more than on option.

Having done this, the figures wouldn't be totally reflective of the answers, because some may be 3x 'P4 - 4-6 years', but which counts as only one vote on here. Also I daresay there are other options I haven't considered.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think there is a total paranoia on this as there is plenty to go round and also no-one knows how many STH have migrated to the 1901 club.

Take our case, two 9 year plus and taking 3 places for current STHs including one who is my son. Therefore we are making availability better later on.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
are there alot of Priority 1 ST Holders awake at 1am? do they stay up later than Priority3s?!

oh and the decision has been made and the club wont go back and change it all around now, suggest you lucky lucky people move on!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Us Uber Fans never sleep

D

Deleted User X18H

I am awake now. What was the question? Oh I am the one +3 option plus one in the 01. If that's alright with the Police.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Does 'other' include those not taking up any additional allocation? I doubt if my father or I will use our +3's so don't panic P4's!
I've had numerous mates who aren't Brighton supporters but have kids who have said they'd get a season ticket but when asked backed out. Think some will just go to the odd game and see how it goes. Either that or they don't want to sit next to me :lolol:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Does 'other' include those not taking up any additional allocation? I doubt if my father or I will use our +3's so don't panic P4's!
I've had numerous mates who aren't Brighton supporters but have kids who have said they'd get a season ticket but when asked backed out. Think some will just go to the odd game and see how it goes. Either that or they don't want to sit next to me :lolol:

Good point. Between me, my brother and my dad I doubt we'll use more than 1 or 2 +'s in total, if any. A season ticket is a big financial committment for most people, especially in these times. It's likely that a lot of floating or lapsed fans (and JCL's) will want to do the odd game and see how it goes before they go all in. I reckon the average take up will be between 1 and 1.5 per STH, something the club likely factored in when deciding to offer +3.

Does anyone know if any +'s you do get have to sit with you or can you get them a seat anywhere available?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Due to the appointment schedule, one of our mates gets to go 3 weeks before the rest of us, so he is using his +3 to get tickets for ST holders who ARE in P1 - would imagine we aren't the only people doing this.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I sit with three other P1s and between us we're probably only going to have one, possibly two extra people who have both been to nearly every game at withdean but are not STHs. I think that nicely sums up the ridiculous levels of paranoia on here.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
What I'm not sure about is whether you can buy one for, say a P2 or 4, then if that person can't go you give it to another mate, i.e. does it have to be posted to that person or can you have both/all delivered to you, so you can have different mates with you? I've never heard MP give a definite answer on that. I had heard the club would frown on such arrangements. My problem is that I think most of my mates will go in the North Stand, while I want to go in the West, so I'm thinking of offering tickets to people I used to sit with in G Block before I moved to H, but no longer go because of financial reasons, family,etc

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What I'm not sure about is whether you can buy one for, say a P2 or 4, then if that person can't go you give it to another mate, i.e. does it have to be posted to that person or can you have both/all delivered to you, so you can have different mates with you? I've never heard MP give a definite answer on that. I had heard the club would frown on such arrangements. My problem is that I think most of my mates will go in the North Stand, while I want to go in the West, so I'm thinking of offering tickets to people I used to sit with in G Block before I moved to H, but no longer go because of financial reasons, family,etc

From what I understand you get a booking pack that includes 3 additional forms so you must get you friends to complete these and hand them in when you go to your designated presentation.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I shall be taking one extra ticket for my son (not young) who has been a STH at the Goldstone and Gillingham in the past (paid for by me) who saw his first game aged 8 and can now afford to buy his own ticket. This is a fair way of utilising the extra allocation.

I shall be taking one extra ticket for my son (not young) who has been a STH at the Goldstone and Gillingham in the past (paid for by me) who saw his first game aged 8 and can now afford to buy his own ticket. This is a fair way of utilising the extra allocation.
Doesn't Joe Gatting's Dad's son get any sort of priority himself? What with being Joe Gatting's Dad's son, Joe Gatting?

Or are we talking about Joe Gatting's Dad's son, Joe Gatting's brother?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out of interest,have the club stated how many people are in priority 1?

I am but due to weather didn't get my pack until yesterday so can't ring until Monday and have heard that earliest visit to Falmer will be on 31st of jan or later!

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
The club have stated that there are 2000 STH's who have held one throughout the stay at Withdean. If you deduct all the 1901 members who might fall into that category as well - it may not be as bad as some people think.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I'll probably take 3 Man United fans who have never been before, but now want to start coming in case we get good.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Out of interest,have the club stated how many people are in priority 1?

I am but due to weather didn't get my pack until yesterday so can't ring until Monday and have heard that earliest visit to Falmer will be on 31st of jan or later!

There are 'over 4,000' STHs this season, and they've said there are 450 in P2, 150 in P3 and 'about 2,000' in P4.

That would make for (depending on how many 'over' 4,000 there are) about 1,400 P1s. Some of them may now be 1901 Club members (of course, some P2, P3, P4, non-STHs and JCLs may be 1901 members as well). That number is pretty flexible. Some 1901 Club members who are also P1s may take up extra allocation, but who knows how many that would be? Also, not everyone would necessarily take up all of their '+3' allocation.

There also may be some P1s who are still under 16. They won't be allowed any '+3's.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'll probably take 3 Man United fans who have never been before, but now want to start coming in case we get good.

are people like this really going to commit to £400 (even a direct debit is £30+/pm) and 26 saturday afternoons/weekday evenings? most fair weather/casual fans are so for a reason, they have other things on, cant afford or whatever.

i reckon Notters observation is closer to what will happen. the fair weather fan will be able to turn up several times a season as it suits them.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here