Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question: Away End.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
What's the capacity of the away end now it's been changed?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Officially I don't think anyone actually knows, and it is match dependent so it's hard to say. Ask again at the end of the season when all the seats are in position and the ground is "finished", and we'll know. At the moment though, it's all conjecture and I doubt even Paul Barber could tell you.

How many seats did you give us? I should imagine you'll get the same. :thumbsup:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The segregation can be moved depending on the opposition, can't it?

As a guide, Arsenal got 4,000 and that's about the limit of what can be sensibly segregated on the concourses. Nobody else will get that many this season, though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Depends on various factors. Arsenal got 4000.

10% of current capacity is about 2800, but unlikely Palace will get that many, as they were naughty last year.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We gave Arsenal 4,000 seats but they were entitled to more being a cup game imagine you'll get given the minimum we have too 10%? 2,750 then.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If the seating is finished I reckon Palace will get the full 10% so 3000. Unless the safety authorities and police say less.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Give them what we got at Selhurst. No point letting more Palace in when we can sell the seats to our own supporters.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
That's overstating it a bit. Exactly HOW much damage was done? Two or three seats and a toilet?

Palace will get 2000, which is crap, but we are allowed the lesser of 2000 or 10%, so 2000 it will be.

No team in the league has been given more than 2000 this year, although it's arguable that no team has really wanted more.

The original plan was the away end would be 3200 and this would be half the south and blocks S1A and S1B which are the southern most 2 blocks of the ESL, but according to insider, this was changed as home fans adjacent to the away fans in the ESL were moaning.

The more likely scenario is that we screwed up thinking we could charge a premium to away fans for ESL over the corners and the south stand.

So, my prediction is 2000 for you lot, although I hope I am wrong and they give you the ESL blocks also. In your case, even if we did return to our initial policy, it might not be 3200, as the lawmakers will probably call for a bigger buffer zone.

But, there will be 30,000 there anyhow. At your place it's a joke as the ground was half empty and we would have brought a lot more. I don't doubt you lot would bring 5000 if we gave them, but we won't, because we need them ourselves.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It could be 2,000 - 2,600 depending on what the police and safety advisory group agree to. Won't be any more because the club knows it will be able to completely sell the £34 seats in the SEL blocks to home fans

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace will get 2000, which is crap, but we are allowed the lesser of 2000 or 10%, so 2000 it will be.

No team in the league has been given more than 2000 this year, although it's arguable that no team has really wanted more.

The original plan was the away end would be 3200 and this would be half the south and blocks S1A and S1B which are the southern most 2 blocks of the ESL, but according to insider, this was changed as home fans adjacent to the away fans in the ESL were moaning.

The more likely scenario is that we screwed up thinking we could charge a premium to away fans for ESL over the corners and the south stand.

So, my prediction is 2000 for you lot, although I hope I am wrong and they give you the ESL blocks also. In your case, even if we did return to our initial policy, it might not be 3200, as the lawmakers will probably call for a bigger buffer zone.

But, there will be 30,000 there anyhow. At your place it's a joke as the ground was half empty and we would have brought a lot more. I don't doubt you lot would bring 5000 if we gave them, but we won't, because we need them ourselves.
With the required segregation the crowd will only be about 29,800 tops

It could be 2,000 - 2,600 depending on what the police and safety advisory group agree to. Won't be any more because the club knows it will be able to completely sell the £34 seats in the SEL blocks to home fans

I don't think this is right. If it's going to be more than 2000 (2600 you suggest) where will these 600 go if not in the ESL? I can't see the club wanting to move STH's in the south to accommodate palace.

IF it's going to be more than 2000, the only place is the ESL. If that's the case then I am sure half of E1A will be sterile, so could be 2900 ish, but I'm sticking with my prediction of 2000.

As for us needing the ESL for home fans, we would only probably be given S1A as S1B would then be the buffer. Although we would of course sell them, there should not be too much of a scramble as both north corners will be ready by then too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think this is right. If it's going to be more than 2000 (2600 you suggest) where will these 600 go if not in the ESL? I can't see the club wanting to move STH's in the south to accommodate palace.

IF it's going to be more than 2000, the only place is the ESL. If that's the case then I am sure half of E1A will be sterile, so could be 2900 ish, but I'm sticking with my prediction of 2000.

As for us needing the ESL for home fans, we would only probably be given S1A as S1B would then be the buffer. Although we would of course sell them, there should not be too much of a scramble as both north corners will be ready by then too.
It could be easier from a stewarding and policing perspective to move the South Stand STH's to NEC or NWC for this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here