Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Query about Amtrak

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
The Amtrak website and telephone lines are about as useful as piles so I was wondering if anyone knows if they actually deliver on Saturday.

I received a card yesterday (Friday) saying an attempt to deliver a parcel had been made and that "a second attempt will be made tomorrow between 8am-6pm". So I waited till about 11am (the card was delivered at 9.05am so I was expecting an early delivery) before seeing if I could get more info, I don't want to wait in all day.

So I try the telephone number on the card and the multiple options all put you through to a recorded message. One of which says "a second delivery will be made the next working day", which says to me not today! :censored:

In addition they havent written the consignment number on the card which the website asks for.

I'm not a happy chappy. :angry:

Delivery companies are a joke. They only work during normal working hours, which suprise it or not so do the vast majority of the population, which makes it right pain in the backside to receive any parcels.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All the courier companys I have worked for, have worked on Saturdays. Best of luck.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
all the mass parcel companies are the same, business post, amtrak, tnt etc

better off having dedicated sameday door to door.

www.enigma-couriers.co.uk

Last edited:

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Would do if I had a choice, but when ordering online (as in this case) you usually don't.

Well I'm still here in my pyjamas cos I'm scared they'll come when I'm in the shower. I guess that means I'm still hopeful that they will actually come.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm always having run-ins with crap courier companies.

Best to get stuff delivered to work or a friendly neighbour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here