Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queens Park Rangers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
not sure about that, it was from a set piece, bruno lost his man who he'd marked all night, and it was a free header. not sure what difference Dunk wouldve made with their second. But no doubt we very nearly lost it and Dunk seeing red needlessly, let down his team mates and the fans badly.

The game plays out differently, who says they would have had that set piece if Dunk had controlled the ball and passed it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In my humble opinion CH brings this upon himself to a certain extent, by replacing front runners with defenders. We are not only then left toothless and at our opponents mercy. But it also unbalances our up to then successful planning and tactics. Other defenders then find themselves playing a different role from the previous 70 mins by virtue of defensive overcrowding. Well that's how I see it. :shrug:

ps....Dunk was so unprofessional it beggars belief, very disappointing.

By replacing front men CH is giving them the opportunity to pressure us I have always believed that if you can keep them penned back in their own half with front men pressing them back you stand more chance of holding out.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just got back, seen the Dunk tackle, was reckless, deserved to go off, put the rest under pressure, gave QPR the invitation to come back.
I thought we were doing well until then, but hey ho, Middlesborough on Saturday, a must WIN.!
Greer and Kayal played okay.
Enjoyed watching the retard in the Mexican hat, blowing his horns, whilst sitting next to a nun.
Think there is a joke in the making somewhere? :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Relieved to get a point in the end. Thought the 7 mins would kill us. Should have been clear at 2-0, went too negative at 2-1 and Dunk was brainless (should have been a straight red).....and the trains from Victoria are buggered

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They've not lost in 8 at home or something. Not conceded a goal in 5 at home. They look woeful away but strong at home. Gonnabe very, very tough to get something here tonight. Especially with the ever growing long term injury list... Would bite your hand off for a draw right now...

Got what I wanted but feel cheated somehow :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Talk of being unbeaten is irrelevant to the challenge that faces us. Better to win two and lose one rather than win one and draw two.

The team are serious challengers, but it's all in danger of going a bit 'Devon Loch' if we keep surrendering these leads.

Again, that's up for debate. How many bonus points had our mentality of being unbeaten picked us up - we'll never know for sure. Yes 2 wins and a loss is better on the points tally but not necessarily in the long run. Plus we've restricted 2 of our main promotion contenders to only a point as well whereas if we'd lost one we would have given one team max points. I'd take a draw in Saturday and keep the unbeaten run going. I'm a big believer in the unbeaten run as you can probably tell..

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'd take a draw in Saturday and keep the unbeaten run going. I'm a big believer in the unbeaten run as you can probably tell..

I'm not so sure.

The unbeaten run gives us confidence and a winning mentality but brings added pressure with it. Also it galvanises the opposition every game as they are trying to end it.

Two players, who can be said lack composure at times, have made two bad mistakes near the end of the last two games. Are they creaking under pressure?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not so sure.

The unbeaten run gives us confidence and a winning mentality but brings added pressure with it. Also it galvanises the opposition every game as they are trying to end it.

Two players, who can be said lack composure at times, have made two bad mistakes near the end of the last two games. Are they creaking under pressure?

The beauty of football - we will never know! I like the tag and the records.
We all know it will end soon - possibly even Saturday, burn it's great that we're in this position. To feel very hard done by after 'only' drawing at Derby & QPR is fantastic - I shudder to think at the difference in playing budgets tbh...!

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Well I'd have taken a point before the game but it's disappointing to surrender a two goal lead so late in the game.

What are we going to do about Dunk, though? His blatant errors have cost us a lot of points already this season.......

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I didn't think we deserved to be 2-0 up and when we went down to 10 men it was only time before QPR equalised. Fair result and I would have easily taken a draw before the game.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I didn't think we deserved to be 2-0 up and when we went down to 10 men it was only time before QPR equalised. Fair result and I would have easily taken a draw before the game.

I thought we were quite a bit off colour tonight.

We did well to get away with a point.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
To be fair a draw was probably a fair result... Overall the teams were about even on the night but still hurts not to get the 3 points after 2-0 lead!!!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
No to be honest...for me his head rush seems to have erased anything he might previously have achieved. I think he's gonna be sat on CH's 'naughty step' for a while.

Has CH got one of those? I'd be surprised.

The last time he did something ridiculous he was back in, straight after his suspension.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Great atmosphere in there tonight if you couldn't attend. Funniest thing I saw tonight was a couple of boys start fighting walking down South Africa road then stop remarkable quickly when up against two police horses who did this fantastic but calm blocking movement around them. Lovely piece of horsemanship.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2-0 up aside, I'm buzzing after that. I thought we played like a team challenging near the top. Dunk had been immense until his now regular brain fart, so I'm not going to get too pissed off with him. We are still unbeaten and have played more away than at home (unlike Boro and Derby)

As for QPR, they are a good side and could easily finish in the top six. Don't underestimate that they were BANG up for beating the unbeaten leaders, with their new manager. And with their front 4 of Hoilett, Fer, Phillips and Austin they have no business being in mid table. They will breeze past the likes of Cardiff shortly.

Good point. I reckon we might do a job on Middlesbrough now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great atmosphere in there tonight if you couldn't attend. Funniest thing I saw tonight was a couple of boys start fighting walking down South Africa road then stop remarkable quickly when up against two police horses who did this fantastic but calm blocking movement around them. Lovely piece of horsemanship.

Oh and this. I was right behind that. One of those "boys" looked about 50 years old. What a fcking nob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here