Queens Park Rangers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
I'm not sticking up for dunk just pointing out that if again our defender had stayed on his feet for their first then they wouldn't of scored. This is elementary defending again. Stay on their bloody feet.

Blow me perhaps someone should inform Lewis of this enigma!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The cross for the first goal was the first time Murphy didn't get back in time to double up with Calde. I think the ball came to him a little oddly, he's a great player though. QPR are a decent team, a draw isn't the end.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Right, trying to forget about the dissapointing end now. We've just taken 2 points in our 2 hardest games in the first half of the season, and we are 2 games closer to getting our injured players back and strengthening in the January window.

If there was one position where we can handle a suspension, it's centre half.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Talk of being unbeaten is irrelevant to the challenge that faces us. Better to win two and lose one rather than win one and draw two.

The team are serious challengers, but it's all in danger of going a bit 'Devon Loch' if we keep surrendering these leads.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I agree. I really think Hughton has a problem with getting the players to play through those final 10 minutes.Any game when you're up, home or away, with 10 minutes to go means the opposition is going to come at you all guns blazing, Brighton seem to crumble at that point so often.

In my humble opinion CH brings this upon himself to a certain extent, by replacing front runners with defenders. We are not only then left toothless and at our opponents mercy. But it also unbalances our up to then successful planning and tactics. Other defenders then find themselves playing a different role from the previous 70 mins by virtue of defensive overcrowding. Well that's how I see it. :shrug:

ps....Dunk was so unprofessional it beggars belief, very disappointing.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
In my humble opinion CH brings this upon himself to a certain extent, by replacing front runners with defenders. We are not only then left toothless and at our opponents mercy. But it also unbalances our up to then successful planning and tactics. Other defenders then find themselves playing a different role from the previous 70 mins by virtue of defensive overcrowding. Well that's how I see it. :shrug:

ps....Dunk was so unprofessional it beggars belief, very disappointing.

Great post and very true :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports