Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queens Park Rangers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
QPR are solid but have only scored twice in their last seven although they will be more dangerous as Austin is expected to be back in the starting line up tonight. We also haven't won an away league game on a Tuesday night since August 2014 so hopefully we'll put that right tonight.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We also haven't won an away league game on a Tuesday night since August 2014 so hopefully we'll put that right tonight.

My first game for 354 days tonight. I haven't seen an Albion win in the flesh for over 4 years (8 matches ago, against Portsmouth at Fratton Park on August 13 2011) so high time to end that run tonight.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959372/Preview

Everyone seems to predict 1-1. Looking at the players and I think this one will go one away or another. I very much hope we can win this well by a single goal in five might be too nerve-wracking.

PS: I keep on getting this trainline advert at the bottom of the page saying £58.50 to Middlesbrough.

Austin v Zamora Who is the deadliest striker? Bobby Z had not played some much game time. Austin has had almost double the amount of shots for his 8 goals making her Bobby Z the sharpest with the ball at his feet. His lanquid style does not get him into so many half chance positions, not because he cannot run around because he is getting on a bit, but I think that is his style any way.

Last time I've thought about this deadliest striker was Binney v McNeil back in the seventies at Hereford. And if you do not know what happened after fifty seconds you must be the new breed of comfy chair Albion supporter.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Charlie Austin per minutes played is by far the most dangerous striker in the Championship at 0.7 SPG. Jordan Rhodes is only 0.5. Bobby Zamora is about one per 90 minutes play time with an over 50% conversion rate. Andre Gray has 0.7 SPG as well. James Wilson has a 0.9 but in too few games to compare.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Cannae wait.

I'm wary of the Hasselbaink bounce, but given our performance at the iPro there's really no reason we can't push on.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Got no expectations for this match QPR are a strange side, underperformed and JFH looks to be a decent manager. I'd take a draw now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Cannae wait.

I'm wary of the Hasselbaink bounce, but given our performance at the iPro there's really no reason we can't push on.

Our players will be desperate to get back on a pitch and make up for the perceived two lost points at Derby. QPR have the players to beat us but we have the team spirit and consistency. We'll win if we play like we did against Birmingham, Charlton (2nd half) or Derby!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Christmas party tonight so I'm missing the game tonight (live on German TV) :tantrum:

I'm about to log out of all things Albion so I can watch the repeat of the game tomorrow afternoon. It'll be like my own version of the Likely Lads.

Up the Albion! 2-1 (Murphy, Zamora).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Down yonder at: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/...91314-QPR-v-Brighton-Team-News-amp-Poll/page2

Couple of other rather complimentary threads there too.

I would take a scrappy 1-0 win against the leaders all day long.

Tough game, but we love making history against the big guns.

No Charlie No win we ain't going to score? he needs to play either JET or Charlie or both, You just know Bobby's going to score!

Said last week that Im surprised how many are so confident we will win and still stand by that. Brighton are flying and have goals in them. If they score first we will struggle. Would take a draw if offered now

I have no doubt that Brighton will be a tough game tonight and will be in the top 2 come the end of the season.

Brighton 2-0 up at half time and we score in the 85th minute to loose 2-1.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Charlie Austin per minutes played is by far the most dangerous striker in the Championship at 0.7 SPG. Jordan Rhodes is only 0.5. Bobby Zamora is about one per 90 minutes play time with an over 50% conversion rate. Andre Gray has 0.7 SPG as well. James Wilson has a 0.9 but in too few games to compare.

Alternatively:

"Charlie Austin has scored every 131 minutes in the Championship this season; only Bobby Zamora (94) and Andre Gray (124) have posted a better minutes-per-goal rate (min five goals scored).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here