Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queen Elizabeth on the move

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
i sailed from ascension island to the falklands on the old ss uganda , sailed into san carlos water early in the morning with penguins swimming alongside if i remember correctly

I did it the other way round..my ship stayed down South and we did a crew change so I sailed from the Falklands upto Ascension on the Uganda then Crab air to Brize...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I did it the other way round..my ship stayed down South and we did a crew change so I sailed from the Falklands upto Ascension on the Uganda then Crab air to Brize...

i wanted to do that being a percy pongo but there wasnt any going back north at the time

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Uganda used to be used as a school ship of some sort. It came into Malta when we were leaving back in the 70s. Full of college girls screaming and waving at us. Typical RN timing :lol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So big Lizzie sets sail this evening for the East Coast USA to begin fixed wing deck trials, an evolution if honest I didn’t think I’d ever see again after they stopped fixed wing ops in 2010!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I had no friggin choice, being on a grey war canoe

I reckon air days were worse. Thousands of plane spotters creaming their pants over a harrier. Worse, their insistence on telling you EVERY tedious facet about what ever aircraft happened to be around. On top of that, it always seemed coincide with my long weekend, when I should have really been getting sh*tfaced and generally misbehaving rather than baby sitting at geek central. Not a fan of airdays!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here