QPR v Middlesbrough

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We need to go for their throats from the off, rather than the usual slow build up in the first half that we mostly see. I think its vital that we score the first goal (without stating the obvious!)

We seemed to have stopped going flat out from the off. At start of the season we were all over teams in the first 10 minutes. Be good to get off to a flyer tomorrow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow QPR were strolling around like that was a training game. Overpaid *****. Boro won't have an easier away game all season and it gives them some undeserved confidence just like the lucky win v Hull. :angry:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Quite
Poor
Really.

Hooped w4nkers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are being far too kind. First he heads it on for Rhodes, then he sprints to the near post so he can't stop. Near the end of the first half he passes it straight to a 'boro player and puts QPR straight back in trouble. Useless ****.

And Austin should be playing.

I'm not sure Southampton would be happy with that.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
The Boro beat QPR easily and that was without our best best player Ayaler

Disagree it was easy. We won missed a pen and 2 one on ones with the keeper. Qpr scored 2 worldys from outside of the box and had a goal ruled out. Overall we won and deserved to but wasn't easy. Not that I thought qpr away would be. Fair result in the overall picture. Ayala back is massive. 3 home games and bolton away before burnley. Pick up 10/12 points and then we will put massive pressure on both burnley and brighton. Burnley win tomorrow for me, not bothered about going up as champions.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Disappointing result, still, if we can pull it off tonight there will be only 2 points between 1st and 3rd.
Your clocks have changed, so that is earlier for us here as well.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's probably going to go down to the last weekend. Boro will be ****ed by FFP if they don't go up this year though.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Disagree it was easy. We won missed a pen and 2 one on ones with the keeper. Qpr scored 2 worldys from outside of the box and had a goal ruled out. Overall we won and deserved to but wasn't easy. Not that I thought qpr away would be. Fair result in the overall picture. Ayala back is massive. 3 home games and bolton away before burnley. Pick up 10/12 points and then we will put massive pressure on both burnley and brighton. Burnley win tomorrow for me, not bothered about going up as champions.

Agree totally with the match assessment from last night, but from the Boro's point of view IMHO a draw today is the best result. No one knows how many points or what form either Brighton or Burnley are going to have till the end of the season and that result will keep Boro second yet keep Burnley in the mix too. I'd rather have 3 teams plus Hull as outsiders fighting for 2 places than 2, possibly 3 teams fighting for just 1 place.

Besides which if I could choose who could go up, obviously I'd pick Boro foremost, but then I'd have Brighton in the autos with us and Derby through the P/O.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was quite impressed with how QPR kept trying, despite their season being practically over already. Karanka also seemed quite fired up, I'd imagine their is a huge weight of expectation for him to succeed given the money spent this year on players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports