Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
kc_stadium.jpg
_49985806_falmer_stadium.jpg

Exact copy of the KC Stadium?

While calling it an exact copy is going a bit fair, it is quite similar using that view.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Loftus Road is a lovely old ground. I can see why QPR fans might not look to favourably on new stadia.

Old ground, shit facilities, rubbish food and horrible stewards. They can 'enjoy' it as long as they like.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not really. The KC has no arches and shit floodlights (other than that though, is IS a very smart stadium).

The curved roof that over laps and the structure on the roof makes it look a bit like it, like I said by no means exact but you can see where he is coming from.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
! wonder if the QPR fan who said it looked like the KC actually meant 'Udder's Mac alpine Stadium ? The Amex has the same design as that and both clubs' names begin 'Hu'.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
! wonder if the QPR fan who said it looked like the KC actually meant 'Udder's Mac alpine Stadium ? The Amex has the same design as that and both clubs' names begin 'Hu'.

Huddersfield's ground has four stands, each with their own roofs, so how is that the same design as the Amex - which palpably only has one roof?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I like Loftus Road too.....good atmosphere and always a good sing-song in the pub outside the ground....by both sets of fans.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Huddersfield's ground has four stands, each with their own roofs, so how is that the same design as the Amex - which palpably only has one roof?

It's just that I read a few years ago that what is now The Amex was based on that design.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I like Loftus Road too.....good atmosphere and always a good sing-song in the pub outside the ground....by both sets of fans.

It always amazes me that people seem to prefer modern McBowl stadiums to the proper atmospheric old ones - I didn't realise that how long you have to queue for a burger at half time was so detrimental to the football supporting experience (personally I prefer a good old terrace, low roof, close proximity with the pitch, traditional character but what do I know?). Also seems that a lot of people get very excited about aerial shots of new stadia - yes they're pretty but really it makes little difference to actually being inside it if the roof is a nic colour and has a nice swooping shape.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Don't forget that their arches are upside down.
That looks just plain weird.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
But surely you can see with your own eyes today that they're nothing alike?!

I like Loftus Road as well. In fact it's possibly my favourite ground.

I've only been past it but now I come to think about it I remember that when it opened only two stands were ready. I don't have any hard and fast opinions about the Loftus Road but can't stand the area.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny how Loftus Road is one of those places that divides people. I think it's a tip, with terrible views and crap facilities.

I can see why some would like it but I'm not a fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports