Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR Shirt Deal

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nike aren't paying a lot just so they can make profit on the shirt, it's a good advertising opportunity. QPR are likely to get promoted this year or next ,and so Nike will get 3 years of exposure in the Premier League, during matches (on shirts) and after matches (on the advertising board behind interviews). On top of the exposure they get the profits from selling merchandise to sweeten the deal.

You're right because before this I'd never heard of Nike so they must need the exposure!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's all to do with brand wars.

Nike v Adidas
Coke v Pepsi

None of them really need to advertise - Coke will sell it's products in billions of units regardless of it's Christmas "Holidays are coming " ad. What they want is to be SEEN to be the leading brand ( regardless of the fact most consumers won't switch - I'd always go Coke rather than Pepsi however much advertising Pepsi push out ).

I've yet to meet someone who asks for a coke in a bar & refuses a Pepsi if this is offered as the only option...There are MORE potential switchers when the products are similar as with Coke & Pepsi which is why they spend heavily on ads. It IS all down to market share not being 'seen'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here