Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] QPR finally settle FFP dispute

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So what are you going on about then? I said:
"Converting the loan has not required them to take any further money out of their own personal accounts."
and you replied with
"They would need to transfer physically, the funds from a personal or a separate company bank account to make the loan a legitimate loan. That is a definite ''Given'' . I don't even need to look up any books for that one."

That money was transferred years ago. I said they don't need "to take any further money out". They don't. So why post something about then having to have transferred it in the past, which is completely irrelevant?

Just tell us you were enjoying some lovely red wine and move on.

It was in their bank a long time ago, before they made the loan. Before this decision, it was already no longer money they could get hold of, it had been spent.

Although this isn't an issue for them at the moment, because QPR isn't making money or being sold, isn't it simply a case that they had money in the bank some years ago, and they've bought more shares with that money? So if they were to sell the club in the future, the money they put in is deductible as a cost before they have to pay tax. Equally, the club could buy back it's own shares, and if that's at the same rate, the owners wouldn't have made a profit and won't have to pay tax.

I think you've typed that a bit wrong.

Ain't got time to answer it all.....I'm off to the match shortly

The long and the short of it all is

They loaned £50K or so to the club many years ago from their own personal monies. Up until the Court ruling they could have taken that money back at anytime by calling in that loan. Now they can't. The money is lost to them - well not totally, they have the shares but percentage wise their holding in the company will not have increased by that much

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Digressing, using a note buried in the accounts, under the first 6 years of the Fernandes regime, the club made true losses of £200m. That's over and above the PL income they should never have received. That is, funded (lost) by the current owners. In addition to whatever they paid for the club to the previous owners.

What an awful investment.

Gleaned by comparing two corporation tax losses carried forward notes in 2011 and 2017, figures which cannot be manipulated.

IMG_2751.PNG

IMG_2752.PNG

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ain't got time to answer it all.....I'm off to the match shortly

The long and the short of it all is

They loaned £50K or so to the club many years ago from their own personal monies. Up until the Court ruling they could have taken that money back at anytime by calling in that loan. Now they can't. The money is lost to them - well not totally, they have the shares but percentage wise their holding in the company will not have increased by that much

They couldn't take it back though as the club is penniless.

The only way would be to inject £50m, then draw it, which would be pointless.

In cash flow terms, as opposed to to accounting and Companies Law paper exercises, the £50m was de facto sunk/lost funds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They loaned £50K or so to the club many years ago from their own personal monies. Up until the Court ruling they could have taken that money back at anytime by calling in that loan.
They couldn't, because the club wouldn't be able to pay it, and they also wouldn't want to. They're worth billions, they don't want to ask for it back, they want the club to be able to spend it.

So in effect, that part hasn't affected them at all. Which was EL P's point.

The money is lost to them - well not totally, they have the shares but percentage wise their holding in the company will not have increased by that much
It's not about the percentage, the company is theirs anyway.

It's made no difference. Let it go.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They couldn't, because the club wouldn't be able to pay it, and they also wouldn't want to. They're worth billions, they don't want to ask for it back, they want the club to be able to spend it.

So in effect, that part hasn't affected them at all. Which was EL P's point.

It's not about the percentage, the company is theirs anyway.

It's made no difference. Let it go.

LOL - Let it go he says as long as you get the last word on the matter.. You were right I had helped myself to a small sherry last night but sober now so can't be bothered with it any more. Football starts soon so all irrelevant

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
LOL - Let it go he says as long as you get the last word on the matter.
Not at all, simply that you've got it wrong and yet you're still arguing about it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see the LEFTIES at the BBC have a DULLARD commenting on the issue.
Dullard is an understatement:

"Kieran Maguire, a lecturer in football finance at the University of Liverpool, said the fine could have been bigger."

:yawn:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not at all, simply that you've got it wrong and yet you're still arguing about it.

Knew you wanted the last word

Part of me says let him. Part of me says prove your point.............................. Cant be arsed with the latter because you know what. I saw the best potential in a player I have seen in a long time with Yves Bissouma, so pref to talk about him than anything else

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
78F05B15-8D60-4083-8087-2E6A3EFC3DE2.jpeg

Does seem odd that the QPR owners were happy to lend the club £222 million between 2013-17 (albeit at interest rates of up to 26.8% per year) but when it comes to the FFP fine plead poverty and it’s £17m spread over ten years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here