Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Qatari censorship

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
England fan on 5Live this morning saying he had not had his visa through yet although he has tickets, a container room booked and a flight Friday. Russia had to drop all visa requirements during their world cup so why haven't Qatar?
Qatar have. There is an app called Hayaa which grants a ‘visa’ once you have a ticket & accommodation confirmation. One of our group had some issues because of wrong passport info being provided but their support was pretty quick to fix it

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Danes banned from having Human Rights For All on their training tops.

Imagine being against all human beings having human rights.

Have to admit, I am starting to think it was a mistake having a World Cup in Qatar...
LOL I thought that in 2010 :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not justifying it in anyway, but I film all over the world and this is pretty common in alot of countries - especially in regimes or countries that were formally regimes. I've even had it in the UK with police trying to stop me filming in a public place.

The Qatari's should be more aware about this stuff given the lens that is on them at the minute.
Have to say I don't get this "audit" videoing, going to a Police station, Jail or MoD building and being surprised that you're asked not to film, all to mock the officials? Surely we'd all go mad if people were allowed to do this and they were actually planning a terrorist attack. Someone at Ford Prison the other day trying to film from a drone ... madness given the vicinity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here