Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qantas flight has hole blown out during flight to Sydney!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Emergency landing in Manila. f*** me, these dudes were lucky :eek:

0725qantas500big.jpg

Sorry if fixtures :blush:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
saw that on news earlier, am i being thick or is that the luggage you can see through the hole. thought it had to be in containers now?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Incredible. I've just read that the plane dropped 25,000 ft from 33,000 ft and levelled off at just 8,000. Everyone on there must have thought they were toast.

Great quote from the Safety Editor at Flight International magazine: 'It could have been an explosive device. There's a hole where there shouldn't be'.

No shit, Sherlock.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Great quote from the Safety Editor at Flight International magazine: 'It could have been an explosive device. There's a hole where there shouldn't be'.

he clearly goes to specsavers, what an observant man

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Water off a duck's arse to an Aussie. Hell, they were probably QUEUEING up to make an Extreme Sports jump out of the hole over water just before the plane landed at Manila :lol:

Stumpy Tim

Water off a duck's arse to an Aussie. Hell, they were probably QUEUEING up to make an Extreme Sports jump out of the hole over water just before the plane landed at Manila :lol:

I heard the Aussies were surfing the luggage, while the Brits were puking in the toilets. I may have both passports, but I would firmly be British on this one

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
And Dustin Hoffman said Quantas was safe

:eek:

He said "never crashed" and technically he's still correct (unless of course there's been a crash involving a Qantas flight since Rain Man was made that I haven't heard about which is entirely possible since I don't scour the headlines looking for aeronautical mishaps)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He said "never crashed" and technically he's still correct (unless of course there's been a crash involving a Qantas flight since Rain Man was made that I haven't heard about which is entirely possible since I don't scour the headlines looking for aeronautical mishaps)

Qantas have crashed before. Exhibit A (Bangkok, 1999):

e00012_001.jpg

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Qantas have crashed before. Exhibit A (Bangkok, 1999):

e00012_001.jpg

Hmmm. Not convinced Bozza. That looks like an official runway in Thailand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here