Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Q & A Session with Paul Barber, (OBE . . . of course!)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On Monday afternoon l, along with circa fifty other members of NWSS, attended a Q & A session with our chief exec. in the press room at the Amex.

Boy the man can talk, the session started at 3.30 and was supposed to last for 30 minutes, but at 4.15 he was still answering questions! I do have to say though that l was mightily impressed, he was very informative, relaxed, at times amusing with some of his replies, and seemingly no question seemed to be off limits. One particular lady was most upset that her favourite sausage rolls were no longer available in the WSU, she went on . . and on . . . and on about it . PB replied as best as he could, then later in the session she raised her hand again and said may l ask another question? Yes sure replied PB, but please don't lets talk about sausage rolls anymore!

I took three guests with me, none of them Albion fans, and they were completely bowled over by him. Oh and according to Paul's son, OBE doesn't stand for Order of the British Empire at all, but Old Bloke from Edmonton!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
On Monday afternoon l, along with circa fifty other members of NWSS, attended a Q & A session with our chief exec. in the press room at the Amex.

Boy the man can talk, the session started at 3.30 and was supposed to last for 30 minutes, but at 4.15 he was still answering questions! I do have to say though that l was mightily impressed, he was very informative, relaxed, at times amusing with some of his replies, and seemingly no question seemed to be off limits. One particular lady was most upset that her favourite sausage rolls were no longer available in the WSU, she went on . . and on . . . and on about it . PB replied as best as he could, then later in the session she raised her hand again and said may l ask another question? Yes sure replied PB, but please don't lets talk about sausage rolls anymore!

I took three guests with me, none of them Albion fans, and they were completely bowled over by him. Oh and according to Paul's son, OBE doesn't stand for Order of the British Empire at all, but Old Bloke from Edmonton!
What’s the reason sausage rolls are outlawed in the west stand?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Coming for an evening to SOB next week so obviously doing the rounds of all the supporters clubs.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
North West Sussex Seagulls, an Albion supporters club. We run coaches to and from the Amex on mtchdays for members . . . amongst other things.
Thank you. Pretty impressive getting fifty people to turn up at the Amex on a weekday afternoon!

EDIT: Just seen another acronym. What's SOB? Seagulls over ..... Bognor?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Are you joking - the sausage rolls are gone?! I'm going to the Amex for the first time in 3.5 years in April and was bloody looking forward to them! 😡

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Are you joking - the sausage rolls are gone?! I'm going to the Amex for the first time in 3.5 years in April and was bloody looking forward to them! 😡
Only in the West Upper apparantly. The Piglet's pies are still very good though, despite what some people might say.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Coming for an evening to SOB next week so obviously doing the rounds of all the supporters clubs.
Ask him about kits please!

There have been ridiculous stock issues this season - possibly post-Covid related. Probably cost the club a FORTUNE in lost sales.

But the club has been conservative with stock ordering for YEARS now.

I'm sure he'll say they don't want the chance of unsold stock left at the end of the season. But surely a reduction in price in the spring would still return a modest profit? Pretty much all other clubs do it.

Also, cut-price shirts would no doubt be picked up by fans with limited income (and their kids). Real shame that only the well-off can afford kit.

Oh, and ask when we'll know who next season's supplier will be...

Cheers.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No. I think if it had been, especially after the sausage roll incident, PB would have just stormed off lol.
That though is a very pertinent question and I can’t believe that someone didnt raise it!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ask him about kits please!

There have been ridiculous stock issues this season - possibly post-Covid related. Probably cost the club a FORTUNE in lost sales.

But the club has been conservative with stock ordering for YEARS now.
Has it ? Because stock has sold out, doesn't necessarily follow that club have been conservative in their orders. Demand has presumably outpaced all projections. Unless you know the numbers. !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here