Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pyro at the Amex

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
If the club want noise and "allow" flares in the away end we should surely Be allowed to do it in the home end without the risk of bans and being ejected..?

It creates a cracking atmosphere and sets the mood to be something quite epic.

Just one flare let off from the north last night but it was enough to make an epic moment even greater. Coupled with the west end Lettings theirs off around the same time

Most of Europe grounds have flares. Even rangers go mad for pyro now beind the goal.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There was a big difference between the Marseilles and North Stand flares.

The North Stand one landed on the pitch, so should be an automatic ban for throwing a missile, and could of caused injury to players, whereas the Marseilles ones went nowhere near the pitch.

So no doubt that one idiot has halted any chance of reversing the ground regulations.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
The club has allowed nothing, they were probably smuggled in by a 14/15 year old (which is what Palace do)
The stewards are reluctant to search under 16s under the banner of “touching kids”
The poor sod in the North Stand will probably and unnecessarily IMO get a ban.
Why would the club bother trying to seek the perpetrators in the away end?
Health reasons will prevent pyro ever being allowed however the club could turn a blind eye to big flags or heaven forbid, someone standing on a wall.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the next time there's a massive bank of pyros let off we're gonna have to wait for the club to set them off.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The North Stand one landed on the pitch, so should be an automatic ban for throwing a missile, and could of caused injury to players, whereas the Marseilles ones went nowhere near the pitch.

So no doubt that one idiot has halted any chance of reversing the ground regulations.
I suspect the reason it was lobbed was to avoid being caught holding it.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It’s also illegal which is the biggest problem the club can’t really turn a blind eye. It’s illegal to even take one to a game let alone light it.
I assume police and club to some extent in Europe do for reasons ignore it, - but I can’t see any UK club ignoring the law every weekend for atmosphere purposes.

Personally don’t mind them but I’d not risk a ban from the ground or a winder football ban for sake of taking or lighting a flare.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
There is not a cat in hells chance the club would have allowed flares or turned a blind eye. Apart from being illegal they are gonna be in breach of fire regs and a risk to others

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If the club want noise and "allow" flares in the away end we should surely Be allowed to do it in the home end without the risk of bans and being ejected..?

It creates a cracking atmosphere and sets the mood to be something quite epic.

Just one flare let off from the north last night but it was enough to make an epic moment even greater. Coupled with the west end Lettings theirs off around the same time

Most of Europe grounds have flares. Even rangers go mad for pyro now beind the goal.
Have you any evidence that the club allowed/authorised otherwise that's a ridiculous post. We've had great atmospheres at the Amex without flares.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Marine flares burn at 1,600 C and remain hot for a long time after dropping. Horrendous if they touch skin or are trodden on and a major fire risk. That's what Marseille were mostly using. It's so dangerous in a crowded environment even the pyro nutters with high tolerance for danger that blow up Lewes streets every 5th November don't use them anymore. It's possible to get cold burning flares that are handheld fireworks. The weaker ones without such an intense light used last night were these. They are illegal to sell in the UK.

What was used in the North Stand wasn't a flare but coloured smoke (as far as I could see anyway).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well I enjoyed the pyro and the smoke from the North Stand (there was an earlier smoke bomb from the north which I can only imagine was an Ebay 'second'). I really hope nobody gets banned for either of those.

FFS we have a whole village just up the road from the Amex which is the triumphant result of generations of pyromaniacs inbreeding. If anybody in Britain should get a bye for pyrotechnics it should be us :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No pyro, no party.

Not only does it look great, most Premier League clubs let their own off before games with almost no sense of irony.

Either don’t have your own version and instantly nick anyone holding one or crack on. I’m for option two.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Marine flares burn at 1,600 C and remain hot for a long time after dropping. Horrendous if they touch skin or are trodden on and a major fire risk. That's what Marseille were mostly using. It's so dangerous in a crowded environment even the pyro nutters with high tolerance for danger that blow up Lewes streets every 5th November don't use them anymore. It's possible to get cold burning flares that are handheld fireworks. The weaker ones without such an intense light used last night were these. They are illegal to sell in the UK.

What was used in the North Stand wasn't a flare but coloured smoke (as far as I could see anyway).

Makes sense. So are those blue some ones ok then as not actual flares? Even those would be great

How do union bears of rangers get their whole home stand using flares?? Looks incredible

No difference at all. Stop looking for another passionate fan to get banned.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021

Oh blimey not this again... the Albion one was a simple smoke bomb and not a flare, they are very different objects. Flares produce dangerous levels of heat whilst smoke bombs produce, well smoke...

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Makes sense. So are those blue some ones ok then as not actual flares? Even those would be great

How do union bears of rangers get their whole home stand using flares?? Looks incredible
The Union Bears smuggle them in stuck up their 4rses; that's why they all have such squeaky voices...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here