Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Pudding tax?

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I have purchased protein powders, I am still thin, and they are more expensive than sugar...

Avocados also very tasty, I love them but they don't make me put on weight...

Sugar sometimes is the answer as it does not make me feel full and so I can continue to consume it even when I do not feel hungry...

I assume your a female? Are you married?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
they are good for you as long as you dont eat too much of them. refined sugar is ok too in moderation. if it were artificial it wouldnt be a problem, though the conspiracist love to knock sweetners too.

point is education is the way forward, not taxation. we know from other sin taxes they dont work, even when punitive, if people really want something.

We are a captive to the whims of big business, every co-op, McCalls Mini mart and corner shop will always stock Pringles, Dorito's Pepsi, Pizza, Red Bull, Walkers Crisps, more pizza, Coke, McCoy's ridged crisps, Mar's Bars, oven chips, microwavable Burgers and hot dogs....Fresh fruit and veg is hit and miss, never an empty shelf of crisps.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I need to put some weight on.

I paid sugar tax on coke (two cans a day) and still can't put weight on...

Not everyone needs to lose weight and why shouldn't people enjoy sugar as part of a healthy diet?

if you want to gain weight your better off eating potatoes , bread and butter and drinking beer....x

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
if you want to gain weight your better off eating potatoes , bread and butter and drinking beer....x

I eat lots of sweet potato's and white ones...

Brown seeded bread but no butter (yuk)

No beer either prefer wine.

Drinking fizzy drinks is not my normal diet but they are easy calories when my weight is below its healthy range...

I actually eat a very healthy diet. Only 4 of my 5 a day yesterday, bad for me. At least 5 a day, normally 7 a day and on a good day 10 in a day.

I eat a healthy diet and so for me coke is not bad. My teeth are healthy and my blood pressure is low. :)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Drinking fizzy drinks is not my normal diet but they are easy calories when my weight is below its healthy range...

I actually eat a very healthy diet. Only 4 of my 5 a day yesterday, bad for me. At least 5 a day, normally 7 a day and on a good day 10 in a day.

I eat a healthy diet and so for me coke is not bad. My teeth are healthy and my blood pressure is low. :)

You monster.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Sugar for people who are underweight is part of a healthy diet. Foods that fatten, leave you feeling too full to be able to eat enough calories. That's why some people need sugar.

Teach people to be responsible for their own weight.

this is said tongue firmly in cheek but...….. maybe have a spliff, apparently your hunger would have no bounds and you'd be as fat as a pig in no time at all:smokin:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Not sure if that actually qualifies as food ?

It's a super food. Full of protein, potassium, calcium and magnesium, as well as being practically carb free, high in iron and zinc. Fresh blood black pudding is amazing.

I'm all for taxing the fatties and unhealthy eaters. I'm slim and eat well. If there was an avocado tax i'd be on the streets :hilton:

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
this is said tongue firmly in cheek but...….. maybe have a spliff, apparently your hunger would have no bounds and you'd be as fat as a pig in no time at all:smokin:

Very naughty!!! :lol:

I can't stand the stuff, would make me very ill and unable to eat at all...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
people accepted the sugar tax on drinks, they'll come for our puddings, biscuits and chocolate bars next. the diet fascists will take control of all our food if we arent careful, there's also been talk about restricting meals in supermarkets and resturants to 600cal.

Taxation can exert positive change.

Take plastic bag tax, an insignificant 5p has transformed most people's behaviour.

Like it or not, our collective diets are awful and our choices are costing the economy millions through days off, healthcare costs etc.

Population growth across the globe also means we cannot sustain our current dietary trends, so expect taxation on meat sometime soon as well.

Because human beings are incapable of exerting change themselves, i.e. using a phone while driving, eating properly etc. it does require a nudge from the state.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

that told me ......what you up to tuesday night.....:lolol:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I have purchased protein powders, I am still thin, and they are more expensive than sugar...

Avocados also very tasty, I love them but they don't make me put on weight...

Sugar sometimes is the answer as it does not make me feel full and so I can continue to consume it even when I do not feel hungry...

So you're an ectomorph right? Do you calorie count at all? Do you have an active job/life? And are you putting weight on for any particular reason or just to ensure you don't become too underweight?

I was like you. A few years back I was about 60kgs at 5'10. Once I realised the quantity I needed to eat, it became much easier. It genuinely depends what you want to achieve though.

Also, whilst the recommendation for eating healthy fats is good in terms of putting weight on, they often aren't the healthiest way for ectomorphs to put weight on without gaining stomach fat first and foremost.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
So you're an ectomorph right? Do you calorie count at all? Do you have an active job/life? And are you putting weight on for any particular reason or just to ensure you don't become too underweight?

I was like you. A few years back I was about 60kgs at 5'10. Once I realised the quantity I needed to eat, it became much easier. It genuinely depends what you want to achieve though.

Also, whilst the recommendation for eating healthy fats is good in terms of putting weight on, they often aren't the healthiest way for ectomorphs to put weight on without gaining stomach fat first and foremost.

I have never heard the word ectomorph. I don't count calories, not a active life either really. I eat plenty of food and mainly snacks.

I just want to stay in the healthy range for my height. I am 5 foot 4 inches, so 7 stone 10 is my lowest weight.

A healthy diet is ideal but it doesn't hurt for people who have room for the calories to enjoy a little sugar.

During the summer my weight fell a lot and I have finally put that weight back on. It would be nice to put on some weight in a healthy way but healthy food is filling and so it's hard to overdose on.

What sort of foods do you eat to put weight on?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I have never heard the word ectomorph. I don't count calories, not a active life either really. I eat plenty of food and mainly snacks.

I just want to stay in the healthy range for my height. I am 5 foot 4 inches, so 7 stone 10 is my lowest weight.

A healthy diet is ideal but it doesn't hurt for people who have room for the calories to enjoy a little sugar.

During the summer my weight fell a lot and I have finally put that weight back on. It would be nice to put on some weight in a healthy way but healthy food is filling and so it's hard to overdose on.

Perhaps Homer could be a role model.Duff beer,doughnuts,and pizza might help!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

An ectomorph is basically a skinny person with a high metabolism. The benefit for you is that your body will actually break down sugar and carbs much more effectively than those with other body types.

Really, if you're at all worried about your weight, I would recommend counting calories just for a week or two using an app like MyFitnessPal. It'll give you an idea about how much you're eating and how much you need to eat to maintain your weight, as well as an aim for your calories per day; doing such things probably adds about 5 minutes to your day in total across all meals but it's worth it if you're not feeling your diet is quite right. It'll also break down your macros (carbs, fats and proteins) so you can get a better idea about how healthy your diet is. For me, 90% of the time (unless I'm consciously trying to lose some weight/fat), I'd be looking at a diet with about 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fat. Although there's obviously some room to move in that. I used to eat quite a high fat diet and whilst it helped me put on weight quite quickly, I didn't feel great on it.

One thing that many ectomorphs think is that they're eating plenty of calories. Most of the time they're not - your body will work differently to most other peoples' and you need a different type of diet as a result. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy nice foods - if anything it means the exact opposite. It just means you have to probably eat more than you currently are and that doing so will cost more than the average person.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Taxation can exert positive change.

Take plastic bag tax, an insignificant 5p has transformed most people's behaviour.

Like it or not, our collective diets are awful and our choices are costing the economy millions through days off, healthcare costs etc.

Population growth across the globe also means we cannot sustain our current dietary trends, so expect taxation on meat sometime soon as well.

Because human beings are incapable of exerting change themselves, i.e. using a phone while driving, eating properly etc. it does require a nudge from the state.

Thats worked hasn't it ...not

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thats worked hasn't it ...not

Scares the shit out of me. I don't do a lot of motorway driving, but over Christmas you could almost tell that if the vehicle in front kept dabbing their break lights every 10 seconds or so for no apparent reason, upon overtaking the idiot you could see them staring at their device doing 70mph.

This was the m25, where the traffic regularly stop starts, can go from 70mph to a standstill in a matter of seconds. I'd ban them. The penalties simply aren't severe enough for an act we know causes multiple fatalities.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Scares the shit out of me. I don't do a lot of motorway driving, but over Christmas you could almost tell that if the vehicle in front kept dabbing their break lights every 10 seconds or so for no apparent reason, upon overtaking the idiot you could see them staring at their device doing 70mph.

This was the m25, where the traffic regularly stop starts, can go from 70mph to a standstill in a matter of seconds. I'd ban them. The penalties simply aren't severe enough for an act we know causes multiple fatalities.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here