Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs serving Sunday Roasts - recommendations please

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Mid Sussex Golf Club, Spatham Lane, Ditchling. Nice Carvery on a Sunday. Don't need to be a member, however, always best to book as pretty popular

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mid Sussex Golf Club, Spatham Lane, Ditchling. Nice Carvery on a Sunday. Don't need to be a member, however, always best to book as pretty popular

Decent shout for a carvery here, but also worth looking at is the Half Moon at Plumpton (def need to book here too). Excellent food and 10 mins from Lewes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shepherd & Dog, Fulking

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Snowdrop is good.

Prob too far I went to the Coopers Cask on farm road last Sunday which was excellent and they have doggy bags for the ton of left overd

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
dont allow kids inside, at least when i went couple years back (and bit more than 5 miles)

Sorry I didn't get my map out and measure the distance, the OP did say 5 miles ( ish ) and Berwick is a straight run to Lewes.

There were family groups with kids in there on the Sunday lunchtime I went in.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There were family groups with kids in there on the Sunday lunchtime I went in.

thats good to know, as its a very nice pub and that kids thing was the only mark against it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Trevor at Glynde used to be highly recommended from me. I haven't been for years, mind.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If scooting along the A27 towards Polegate for the Cricketers in Berwick as suggested above is viable, then there are a few other good options.
The Ram in Firle is closer, but very good. The Sussex Ox in Milton Street is further along even than the Cricketers (near Wilmington), but is excellent and worth the extra effort (just under 10 mins to The Ram from Lewes, another 10 to get to the Sussex Ox)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've had good Sunday roasts in The Basketmakers and Preston Park Tavern.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here