[Sussex] Pubs Opening Next Saturday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Gun on Gun Hill, and The 6 Bells in Chiddingly, have both confirmed that they will be open.

I can confirm the Gun dispense equipment is fine and I cleaned the lines for them. I’m visiting all the Elite pub group doing a bit of PR.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Brilliant idea.

I spoke to someone yesterday that works in a pub and asked if they would take bookings, the answer was no.

Well I've spoken to two pubs directly and have bookings at the Ancient Mariner and The Neville - maybe you just need to stop getting barred ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What could possibly go wrong?

Exhibit A: "In Orlando, 152 coronavirus cases were linked to one bar near the University of Central Florida campus, said Dr. Raul Pino, a state health officer" - https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/watch-florida-governor-ron-desantis-gives-coronavirus-update-2

Exhibit B:"The one thing they all had in common: a night out at Lynch's Irish Pub on June 6 in Jacksonville Beach.

Crisp, a 40-year-old health care worker from Jacksonville, said she’s been sick for eight days, and 15 of her friends have also tested positive for COVID-19." - https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...ve-for-coronavirus-after-night-out-at-lynchs/

Exhibit C:: "Michigan bars worry as East Lansing bar’s coronavirus tally tops 70 cases" - https://www.bridgemi.com/business-w...-lansing-bars-coronavirus-tally-tops-70-cases

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
The Hornet in Chichester is staying shut for the time being, and effectively operating as an off licence. Not so much to do with being 'boring wankers' but doing what is economically viable for them.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
That would be a issue for me. I don't drink at home, only when out eating or a pub. if i felt the need to drink (alcohol) at home it would concern me.

Don't understand that one, I hardly ever go out for a drink these days, probably once a week to meet up with mates on a Saturday Lunchtime or obviously a Pint or two at the Amex.

I don't feel the NEED to have a drink at home but it is cheaper than the pub, doesn't involve driving and pretty well always involves having a meal. Except for when I am contributing to Fridat night drinking threads of course! :drink:

Jul 7, 2003
What could possibly go wrong?

Exhibit A: "In Orlando, 152 coronavirus cases were linked to one bar near the University of Central Florida campus, said Dr. Raul Pino, a state health officer" - https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/watch-florida-governor-ron-desantis-gives-coronavirus-update-2

Exhibit B:"The one thing they all had in common: a night out at Lynch's Irish Pub on June 6 in Jacksonville Beach.

Crisp, a 40-year-old health care worker from Jacksonville, said she’s been sick for eight days, and 15 of her friends have also tested positive for COVID-19." - https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...ve-for-coronavirus-after-night-out-at-lynchs/

Exhibit C:: "Michigan bars worry as East Lansing bar’s coronavirus tally tops 70 cases" - https://www.bridgemi.com/business-w...-lansing-bars-coronavirus-tally-tops-70-cases

My mate in Jacksonville was telling us a couple of weeks ago that they were ignoring COVID up there, just getting on with life and everything was good. Must drop him a line to see if he still feels the same way:lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As per OP any pubs showing Norwich game or aren't they allowed to??

I’ve not really read much on this - is the idea that there will be no football on tv in pubs? I had planned to get on it big time Saturday then abuse some on here when they moan... [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION] is first on my hit-list :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve not really read much on this - is the idea that there will be no football on tv in pubs? I had planned to get on it big time Saturday then abuse some on here when they moan... [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION] is first on my hit-list :thumbsup:

:lolol:
Get Sheeboed you mean.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:lolol:
Get Sheeboed you mean.

Have a few Sheeboed tales for you next time I see you :lol:

Not sure I told you of the one after we beat Everton when I ended up in the Berwick inn drinking vodka as I was convinced the train didn’t stop at Lewes :lol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have a few Sheeboed tales for you next time I see you :lol:

Not sure I told you of the one after we beat Everton when I ended up in the Berwick inn drinking vodka as I was convinced the train didn’t stop at Lewes :lol:

I will look forward to it :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Pubs have been "open" up here for weeks, albeit doing "take away" pints. Situation has got a bit stupid over the last few weeks with people congregating outside blocking the pavements.

Before someone accuses me of an over-reaction, if there wasn't a pandemic they'd get a severe ticking off.

It's a difficult one for me because I don't want to see them go out of business, but then again I don't feel I should have to cross the road because a number of pissed up w******* can't be bothered to walk ten minutes to a park to drink it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just a matter of interest why don't you drink at home? I certainly drink at home far more than my local pub.

Not 100% sure - Maybe because I hate the taste of alcohol. Even though I quite enjoy the feeling of being Drunk. So getting drunk is a social experience to be enjoyed in the company of other people.

Not sure if I am really 100% correct in my analysis but its the best I can really come up with as a valid explanation.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Talk down this way is that you have to 'book' in advance to go in to a pub, and leave your contact details which will be retained for 21 days....how true it is I dont know, the local Carvery sent an email saying you cant just turn up you must book.....so at the moment its a no from me I cant be arsed with all that, having a pint on the way home with mates is impromptu not planned days/weeks in advance.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I think this time next weekend there will be a thread on here with people moaning about the behaviour of drinkers in pubs, not getting in pubs etc etc
I will be sitting at home reading the thread like this.

F902A60A-F150-4B7D-86AB-213583958CB8.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think this time next weekend there will be a thread on here with people moaning about the behaviour of drinkers in pubs, not getting in pubs etc etc
I will be sitting at home reading the thread like this.

View attachment 125428

If people feel the need to post their grumbles on here on a Saturday night after a session (yes I appreciate the irony but I’m fairly* sober now), they really need to ‘get out more’! So when are we gonna be allowed back to the Amex? I dropped my dad up 5 pints of Harvey’s earlier - he was very chuffed :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports