Pubs in Battle? Advice please.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Am organising a Sunday walk early next month with a lunchtime stop in Battle.
Which is the best pub out of Ye Olde Kings Head, The Bull Inn, and the Abbey Hotel?
Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Am organising a Sunday walk early next month with a lunchtime stop in Battle.
Which is the best pub out of Ye Olde Kings Head, The Bull Inn, and the Abbey Hotel?
Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

I work with an expert in Battle pubs. I'll ask him tomorrow and get back to you if you like.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Out of those three the Kings Head is head and shoulders above the others. At least it was when I lived in Battle. The Bull is not too bad, used to have pretensions about being a wine bar but is more of a pub nowadays. Used to work in the Abbey, bit of a dive. Kings Head is a nice old, traditional pub. Beer used to be good as well.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
There's also The Senlac down by the station. Haven't a clue what its like in there these days? Must be at least 30 years since I set foot in the door. By a quirk of coincidence, I drove past it today. The sign outside caught my eye advertising a live band. - "Alfie & The Alcoholics". :ohmy:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There's also The Senlac down by the station. Haven't a clue what its like in there these days? Must be at least 30 years since I set foot in the door. By a quirk of coincidence, I drove past it today. The sign outside caught my eye advertising a live band. - "Alfie & The Alcoholics". :ohmy:

Alfie and the Alcoholics are friends of mine. Great laugh, shit music. A punter was went up to them and told them they were crap, to which Alfie repied, "yep, I agree but I've been employed doing it for over 35 years and I'm sill getting paid, so we can't be that bad"

glentana

glentana
Oct 6, 2010
hastings
Man's drinking pub with a crowd of middle-aged spinsters making up the numbers. Decent female bar staff. Live music Friday nights always good. Good cheap food as well. the down side?
Landlord is Palarse

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I work with an expert in Battle pubs. I'll ask him tomorrow and get back to you if you like.

Thank you. Much appreciated!

I simply asked my work mate for the best pub in Battle, as promised, and without a moments hesitation he replied - " Kings Head ".

Just backs up what everyone else has said here.

Looks like a clear winner for you then :thumbsup:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

I simply asked my work mate for the best pub in Battle, as promised, and without a moments hesitation he replied - " Kings Head ".

Just backs up what everyone else has said here.

Looks like a clear winner for you then :thumbsup:

Thanks again. Ye Olde Kings Head it will be!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports