Pubs For Burnley ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
From the Footballgroundguide.co.uk

Tony Moore recommends the 110 Club on Yorkshire Street near the ground. This private club allows away supporters in for a nominal admission fee (20p). The club serves good reasonably priced food and children are also welcomed. They also offer a 'Claret & Blue' bitter at only £1.10 per pint. Matthew Harrison informs me; 'the Sparrow Hawk Hotel, which is around five minutes walk away from the ground, serves good beer and food and is fine for away supporters'. Whilst Mike Dean a visiting Norwich City supporter adds; 'We enjoyed the Talbot pub (opposite the Sparrow Hawk) for pre match drinks. It is a good sized pub with a large screen tv and plenty of sensible home fans, plus well kept real ale on tap'.

Paul Hanson adds 'Another place I could recommend is the Queen Victoria Public House. The away fans are always directed/encouraged to park in one location, by the side of the Burnley fire station; Pass there, away from the football ground and proceed for about 100 yards where you will find the entrance to the Queen Victoria (Brewers Fayre establishment). The ground is no more than 10 minutes walk away. Away fans visit regularly wearing their colours'. Pete Mitton also recommends the Cricket Club; 'the clubhouse at the Cricket Club (you can also park there) is open on matchdays and visitors are always made welcome (wearing colours), which is ideal as it is right next door to the ground'. Andrew Woodhall sent in this comment about the Cricket Club bar that he overheard from a visiting Gillingham "Two pints of Theakstons, a bowl of pie and peas and a cigar....and still change from a fiver!" Whilst Mark Elliott informs me'; 'The Woodman Inn on Todmorden Road (about a half a mile up the road from the ground) is a small & friendly enough place for away supporters, providing they are sensible and don't mind a bit of banter, plus the pub has a large screen which shows Sky Sports'.

Ian Pilkington advises 'The Turf Hotel on Yorkshire Street and pubs in the town centre are best avoided. Colours are best covered up in and around the centre of town'.

claretfan

Nov 19, 2004
Burnley
The pubs mentioned above are pretty accurate. The cricket club is the most convenient and if it's a nice day you can sit out in front of the pavillion and watch some cricket. (I think there is a pre season friendly on). I wouldn't advise going to the Woodman thought, it's a fair way from the ground and has changed hands recently and is not as good now.

As this is obviously a very important game for you, how many do you reckon will be coming? Ever since we became vitually safe, we have been awful. I'm sure we would have done better at Gillingham, if the team had stayed in Burnley! However, Steve Cotterill has given them a real bollocking after that performance, so hopefully (from my point of view) we play a lot better on Saturday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
probably around 1000+

we really do need to win this one!

claretstrust

Apr 12, 2005
Forget the pubs and come to the Clarets Trust beer festival in the Foundation Lounge (Centre Spot to most of us ) at the ground. It's only a stones throw from the away end and you'll be guaranteed a friendly welcome. 30 real ales including the newly launched Trust Ale and some from W. Sussex; Dark Star and Arundel. For full details see www.claretstrust.co.uk or the club website.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Are children allowed in at this Beer festival ?
Is this a Camra organised event ?
If so I assume Camra members get a discount on something !
cheers !

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Beer!

Last edited:

claretstrust

Apr 12, 2005
Yes- children are allowed in for free but one more child is one less drinker so don't bring a coachload!

East Lancs CAMRA have helped with the event but have not asked about a discount for CAMRA members. Remember all the money raised is going to the Trust so please drink generously (but not too much that can't get into the game!) It's open after the game as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports